30 - Training Limits

{CHAPTER THIRTY}
"You're not even listening to me."

Even as a kid, Harlow's morning consisted of training

Even as a kid, Harlow's morning consisted of training. Over the later years it became full days of training. If Harlow didn't have classes at Hogwarts she would probably spend the whole day doing the same.

It wasn't that she enjoyed it. Who would enjoy working until they bled and practising until they could physically no longer go on.

It was just routine. And in Harlow's fucked up world and mind, routines were good. It was apart of the reason she returned to Hogwarts. The regular classes were crucial to keep her mind busy.

It was important now more than ever, after the recent news about her past, to keep her mind always working in other things.

The next morning, after the Helicarrier attack, Harlow could be found in the training room. She had been there since bright and early, one in the morning. Disregarding her almost already healed shoulder, she stood aggressively beating a punching bag.

She was delivery perfect jabs and upper-hooks along with butterfly kicks and round house kicks. Harlow wasn't holding back, she was relentlessly attacking the bag.

Her breath was heavy, her chest heaving as she continued the exhausting routine. Some hits became sloppy as time went on only frustrating the girl more and making her push on harder.

Harlow was smart enough to know that she risked ruining herself if she continued on the way she was, but in her mind, she had no other options.

Her ginger-red hair was pulled back into an insufferably tight ponytail at the back of her head. She could feel her hair hitting against her back with each attack on the punch bag.

A small grunt left her lips each time she punched with her injured right arm, accompanied with a hiss on annoyance.

"I don't think training after being shot in the shoulder is a good idea." Nats's voice echoed throughout the room, prickling Harlow's unsuspecting ears. Once again she wasn't focusing hard enough and missed the presence of a new person.

Harlow scoffed loudly and threw a final punch which had the bag splitting apart. "Fuck." She spat as she dropped to the floor and started trying to stuff the material back into the bag.

"Leave it. I'll get a junior agent to sort it." Nat told her as she moved to stand next to Harlow crouched body.

Harlow in her crouched position turned her head to look over her shoulder ran at Nat.
"You can do that?" Harlow asked as she pushed herself off the ground. For a split second the room span, from her lack of sleep and food, but she quickly regained control.

Nat shrugged a mischievous smile on her lips, "They lot would do anything to gain points with me." She claimed, placing a hand in Harlow's back. "How long have you been here?"