47 - Can Never Catch a Break

{CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN}
"My mum and dad weren't fans of rollercoasters let alone me."

Finnic led the trio out of the airport, his hand clasped around Harlow's heavy duffle bag

Finnic led the trio out of the airport, his hand clasped around Harlow's heavy duffle bag. He had taken it out of Harlow's hands immediately when she temporarily placed it on the ground to allow Jasmine to climb onto her back.

Harlow smiled softly at Finnic and followed after him. She uttered a quiet "Careful" to him, alluding to the range of dangerous weapons in her bag. As she walked just behind Finnic, Harlow paused for a second and leaned her head down to press a gentle kiss to Jasmine's wrist. "Let's have some fun, eh!"

"Come on then." Finnic hollered over to them, popping the boot of the car open and gently placing Harlow's bag inside. "Hop in." He told them, opening the car door for Jasmine.

The two girls were quick to catch up. Harlow putting a sulking Jasmine into her booster seat in the back. Finnic couldn't help but laugh at Jasmine as she crossed her arms grumpily over her chest and pouted while Harlow fastened her seatbelt.

"I hate this thing." Jasmine complained as she wiggled around in her booster to try and get some sort of comfort. It was no use, nothing could make sitting on what felt like bricks comfortable.

"I don't care if you like it." Harlow told Jasmine showing her slightly sterner side as she slid into the front passenger seat. "All I care about is your safety." She explained turning her head to look at Jasmine and sending her a small smile.

"Right is everyone buckled in?" Finnic asked as he did so himself. After the girls replied with a simple hum, Finnic pulled out of the parking space and started driving the three of them to the hotel they were staying at.

Finnic switched on the radio and allowed it to play through the car. Jasmine immediately noticed the song and started to sing along to the lyrics. Harlow and Finnic exchanged a look, grinning happily as they turned up the music and let it blare throughout the car.

Harlow was surprised at the hotel Nick had got them. She knew Nick would never set them up in a crappy motel, but she didn't expect the hotel to be as nice as it was.

After dealing with a slightly rude and judgemental receptionist, clearly under the false impression that Jasmine was somehow Harlow and Finnic child, there was a worker ready to take their bags up to their room as soon as the three of them signed in. Harlow was quick to grab her duffle bag, knowing the weapons in her bag should not be in anyone else hands. Barring Finnic of course.

Jasmine eagerly ran ahead, skipping along the corridors in front of Harlow and Finnic, racing giddily to their room for the weekend. Jasmine had their key card in hand ready to open the door, after unlocking it she flung the door open and launched herself straight onto one of the large and luscious double beds.

Finnic rushed in after her, throwing off his jacket and jumping onto the second double bed. Harlow laughed at the two of them and reached into Finnic's jacket pocket to grab some cash to tip the worker with. Harlow handed the man the money and thanked him before shutting the door.