32 - Battle of New York

{CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO}
"We won but I don't-"

Tony wanted to see Harlow in action, and he got what he want

Tony wanted to see Harlow in action, and he got what he want... just later in the day.

The remaining team members, continued asking Harlow millions of questions about being a mutant and her powers. There wasn't many questions that she had to dodge or lie for, just a few surrounding her last couple of years.

But they didn't push, everyone in the room understood themselves going though a tough time. Albeit they didn't know about hers, but we're willing to wait for her to choose when or if to talk about it.

Instead, while Steve stayed with Tony, still trying to grasp a basic understanding on the science behind the Tesseract and the whole situation. Harlow, Nat and Clint travelled back to the training room. After all, Harlow reminded Nat of the promised lessons.

Harlow was shocked when Nat pulled out a pair of ballet shoes from her bag. Nat gestured for Harlow to put them on which she did. Harlow followed Nat's instructions, going over all the feet positions and the arm positions.

Nat was rattling through different moves and sequences. Harshly criticising Harlow moves, frustrating the girl endlessly.

Harlow knew not to argue with her. Nat was one of the best ever spies and an ever better fighter. Harlow knew she would swallow up any dribble of advice and knowledge sent her way by Nat.

Clint took great joy in watching the scene in front of him. Over the years, Nat had always been a big grouch about training any of the junior agents. Completely refusing to do it. And because of her skills, and love from Nick, she always got away with it.

Not him however, but he didn't mind it. He quite enjoyed training his junior agent, Finnic. Clint enjoyed the chance to pass on his skills and knowledge. And he enjoyed it even more since Finnic chose to use a bow and arrow too.

Natasha was pleasantly surprised by Harlow's agreement for doing ballet. She expected to battle on it for a bit. But Harlow happily complied, following Nat's graceful moves and trying to mimic then herself.

Clint would laugh when he saw Harlow's face. At times she would be completely concentrated. Eyes narrowed as she followed Nat's movement precisely. And others she would have her eyebrows pinched as her tongue flew out of her mouth while she was so deep in concentration.

Harlow like she usually would, was picking up the moves quickly and Nat was surprised at the girls flexibility and agility. It was truly astounding to her. Harlow's overall balance gave her an unmistaken advantage.