37 - New Year

{CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN}
"And you're a lightweight."

The New Year marks a new start, a clean canvas ready to be painted

People make their New Years resolutions. Pledges of things they vow to do once the New year starts.

People throw parties, drowning themselves in alcohol and food as the dance the night away.

The boys planned a New Years party at James' house. After much negotiation Euphemia and Fleamont agreed to give the boys the downstairs of the house, but they refused to leave. They both knew drinking would most likely be involved and they wanted to be there in case of any incidents of emergencies.

So the Asgardian Ale that was sat in Harlow's beside cabinet, was gonna stay there. She thought it would be best that way.

Harlow had used the knight bus to get to James. The speed it travelled at was a major shock to her. Her body definitely didn't enjoy the high speed.

But it was an easy travel choice.

Harlow nervously walked up to the door of James' house. Momentarily having freaked out over how large his house was. No not house, a fucking mansion.

Harlow was dressed rather casually with a pair of jeans and a long sleeved top. All she cared about was covering all of her scars with clothing since she couldn't use a concealing charm.

Harlow took a few deep breaths before knocking on the door. She clasped her hands behind her back as she waited for someone to open the door.

The door opened, showing Euphemia standing with a bright smile on her face. "It's nice to see you again, Harlow." Euphemia whispered to Harlow as she let the girl in, knowing their previous meeting with the order needed to remain a secret.

"You have a lovely home." Harlow complimented as she stepped into the house, taking a brief glance around.

"James! Harlow's here!" Euphemia yelled, calling on James from his room upstairs.

A moment later the four boys came rushing down the stairs with wide grins on their faces. "Harlow!" They exclaimed collectively, rushing over to her.

Harlow let out a laugh as the boys threw themselves at her, hugging her tightly in between all of them.

"Boys boys, let the girl breath." Euphemia told them swatting the boys away for her.

"We haven't seen her in ages!" James argued, wrapping his arms around Harlow and pulling her into him, "And she can breath."

"I mean I did see her not that long ago." Sirius butted in, noting his thoughts out loud.

"Oh shush." Remus retorted, lightly pushing Sirius' shoulder.