24 - The Lab

{CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR}
"The question is should I tell Fury on you."

The lab was filled from top to bottom with the most impressive technology Harlow had ever seen in her entire life

The lab was filled from top to bottom with the most impressive technology Harlow had ever seen in her entire life. She had witnessed her fair share of advanced technology, mainly over the last couple of years, but none of the previous crap was quite the same. The lab was kitted out with items and gadgets that were all so much more impressive. And she'd only seen the easiest ones to use.

The lab was spotless, looking completely brand new bar a few coffee rings on the table. Obviously as the result of Bruce and his coffee addiction. The Helicarrier had a few labs spread across, so it could very well be the first time that it had been in use. It was used the day previous, by Bruce.

Now it was Harlow's turn to join the very short list of those using the lab. She knew she could be a great asset and was done with waiting, another thing she decided. She knew no one had a mind quite like hers. So why not take advantage of it? No longer was Harlow going to listen and obey every little word of Nick's. Harlow wasn't dumb or dull in anyway, she knew very well how vital she could be if things turned south.

Arriving in the lab, Harlow was slightly surprised to see it empty. After all, with everything going on, she figured people would be up bright and early to fast track their resolve of the whole mess as soon as possible. She moved carefully throughout the lab, not wanting to break anything, and took her sweet time in investigating all of it curiously. She found herself digging through all the cupboards and checking out the basics of the many many screens, with no shame.

Harlow sat down on one of the stools and simply just let herself admire her surroundings. The entire of the Helicarrier was fairly basic. The colours neutral and rather bland. The flooring was the exact same in very single room. The only places notably more high-tech and advanced was the labs, control room and training rooms. Every hallway was dim and the exact same. For a newbie, it made it incredibly hard to find your way around.

Harlow moved one of the screens so it was level in front of her. She turned on the screen and tried to see what she had access to. Harlow lips turned into a smirk when she saw that Tony Stark was still logged in. Stupid man, forgot to log out. She figured since he was joining the search for the tesseract and the fact Tony that is the famous Iron Man, would mean he had a fair amount of access. Sure a hell of a lot more than she would have. Harlow scrolled through the many documents with bland titles, her face, supported by her hand, with a bored look on it. Her head popped up as she saw a file labelled the Avengers Initiative.

"Avengers?" She mumbled as she pondered on what the file could contain. Within a second she pressed onto it and it opened up a series of more files. These files were labelled by name and there was five of them. Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton. Harlow immediately made the link, the group of people she was working with were The Avengers. She figured they must be some type of secret organisation due to her having no knowledge of them. This only further made her wonder why she was being involved.