62 - Missons Eyes

{CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO}
"You think I stayed to witness the kiss? No thank you."

"Are you in place?"

"Are you in place?"

Harlow grinned down at the screen, her fingers pressed against the desk, watching Nat and Steve in the parking lot. "Uh huh." She hummed, talking into her comm. Taking a glance around, at the limp bodies scattered around, the small room, Harlow moved from the comfy leather chair to lock the door. "There's no signs of Rumlow and his men - they don't know that we're here yet. I'll keep you updated." She told the pair, acting as their eyes for the mission.

"Entering." Nat notified Harlow, casually walking in with Steve by her side. The pair were dressed in disguises - civilian clothing. Harlow was dressed in normal clothing too. She got changed out of her black dress and into plain blue jeans and a large jumper. The girl didn't bother with glasses or a hat since the massive hood seemed to do the trick.

"First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk." Nat told Steve, hurrying him up as they rounded the Apple Store.

Steve shook his head softly, "If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." He stated, glancing briefly down at his shoes that he deemed to be unsuitable.

Harlow held in a scoff at his comment. Just hours early she was chasing down the shooter in heels. Black stiletto heels, that somehow, most likely a miracle, didn't snap while she jumped from building to building. "Bite me." She muttered, with an eye roll, quietly enough so nobody heard. Harlow watched as the pair approached a computer. Just five minutes prior, the teen had to hack the computer in front of her. She was the in the security room, proven by the knocked out security guards. Despite being granted access to the malls cameras, the Apple store cameras weren't. So the girl had to hack her way into their systems.

Nat chose a computer and slyly looked around before getting started. She pulled the flash drive out of her pocket but waited to insert it., "The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are." She explained to Steve, presuming Harlow already knew, given what she told them.

As the pair conversed over the task at hand, the red-headed teenager continuously flicked and skipped through the camera feeds to keep an eye out. Whilst waiting, she people watched in the food court cameras, which left her feeling hungry. "Damn it." She sighed.

"How much time do we have?"

"Uh, about nine minutes from..." Nat trailed off, popping the USB stick into the computer. "Now." She chimed her eyebrows furrowing as her eyes roamed the screen, "Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

"Can you override it?" Steve questioned hopefully.

"Still clear." Harlow updated them, double checking the outside cameras for SHIELDS arrival. Getting slightly bored over her simple task, the girl snooped through the guards supplies. She let out a small whoop as she found a full pack of gum.