78 - Healing Hands

{CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT}
"They'll heal soon and besides I kinda deserve it."

The less than pleasant chat over what was going to come next was thankfully interrupted by Steve and Nat

The less than pleasant chat over what was going to come next was thankfully interrupted by Steve and Nat. The pair entered the house, without knocking, with apprehensive smiles on their faces. Harlow saw Nat let out a breath that she was holding and Steve's shoulders relaxed significantly. Harlow immediately knew that they were checking up on them, making sure no damage had been done by Harlow. The thought instantly dampened the girls already soured mood, saddened to be reminded of the danger she could cause.

Nat claimed to just be checking in, apologising for just entering rather than knocking first - which they did due to their worry that something bad was going on. Harlow avoided looking at either of the adults at first, instead looking at James. Her wallowing only lasted a minute, before she shoved it down, thankful for their intrusion in case of the worst case scenario.

Steve had a bag in his hand which reminded the girl that she had to change her bandages and dressings. Since she was so exhausted and weak when she was recovered, the girl was healing much slower than usual. She needed the help to not only keep infections away but also ease her pain and keep her a little bit more comfortable. She didn't have bandages everywhere, only over to worst wounds that she had. She would have had to be wrapped head to toe if they tried to cover every wound inflicted on her body. She'd look like a mummy.

Harlow sighed at the thought. She hated the bandages. Finding them far too invasive. The girl would much rather just heal by herself without the prodding and poking of doctors and nurses. But, Steve was being harsh with the girl, insisting that they followed the instructions they were given by medical professionals.Their promise to do as they were told was one of the reasons they were able to return so quickly. "Fine." She muttered in defeat, pushing herself up and off the couch. All throughout her visit, the girl had been silencing her pain, pretending that she was fine. The last thing she wanted to do was worry the boys any more.

She hated how she had to be strong. It caused a lot of anger within herself. Why did it always fall on her to be the one holding everyone together? Yet she still did it. Voluntarily every time.

"Do you need help with that? I've become quite handy with bandages over the years." Remus asked, standing up as well, whilst referring to his furry little problem. Finnic who was still sat, looked up to Remus, a look of confusion and concern on his face. He had no clue what Remus was referring to - obviously he couldn't.

Steve and Nat didn't reply, leaving Harlow to decide. The pair quickly learned that for Harlow to do well and feel comfortable she had to be in control, especially when it came to her own body and self. Harlow looked over to Remus, her eyes travelling across his face. He looked how he always did - calm, cool and collected. Harlow appreciated the fact he was acting normally around her. The girl nodded her head softly, agreeing to his help with a simple, "yes."