6 - Silence

{CHAPTER SIX}
"Wow she's feisty!"

Silence comes in many forms and usually is described with a type of emotion or a particular feeling in front of it

It was an awkward silence, a painful silence or a comfortable silence.

The last one is only the type of silence you would experience with a good friend. With someone you felt utterly and completely safe with.

Apart from that, silence is always a negative feeling.

And for Harlow that was very much the truth. In all honesty she never minded the silence, when she was alone. However, sat silently with Remus Lupin staring intently at her wasn't what she would call comfortable.

They were seated in the Library, just the day after Dumbledore started up the studying sessions. Harlow had reluctantly agreed to studying with him, but on her terms only. She wanted it out the way nice and early in the morning. Remus didn't object and quite liked the idea of an early study session.

So that's where they were. The only people occupying the library while the rest of the students were presumably in bed or eating breakfast.

Remus found himself quite confused. He had a copy of the fourth year paper they sat the year previous. He was planning on helping her through it and answering any questions she may have. But was very shocked when she got on with the paper immediately and finished it in under half and hour. Completely independently.

Remus had marked it and saw there was nothing to correct. His mouth parted slightly, she was seeming to be an absolute genius. Especially for someone who hadn't used magic in a while.

"You got everything right." Remus mumbled as he scratched the back of his neck, he was still trying to take it in.

"I know." Harlow bluntly replied. "I wouldn't have wrote it if I didn't know it was right." She added with a shrug, she wasn't even attempting to be modest.

"But- but Dumbledore said you needed a tutor. Why would he say that if you didn't?" Remus asked looking up from her paper.

"People regularly underestimate me." Harlow answered neutrally, not seeming to be invested in the conversation at all. She was slumped in her chair with her legs resting on the table. She looked entirely unbothered. "I'm probably one of the smartest people you will ever meet." Harlow added for good measure.

Remus narrowed his eyes on her. "Well I'm sure Dumbledore had a reason for this." He insisted.

"Well he doesn't want me doing what I like and is forcing me to socialise with people, well you." Harlow expressed her annoyance with the situation by using an irritated tone as she spoke. Her eyes involuntary rolling, not subtly at all.

"Hey I'm a treat to talk to." Remus gasped faking defence. His hand moved to his chest as he cheekily smiled.

"I always thought you were the chill one. James and Sirius are incredibly dramatic. I figured there wouldn't be an ounce for you left." Harlow murmured back playfully. Once she realised what she had said she noticeably clamped down on her tongue.