MEETING MAHADEV

After getting rejected by several guru and sages, karna did not lose faith but he was heart broken. He was a suta who loves archery but due cast system he was unable to pursue his dreams of being a warrior as suta was not allowed ved or sastra vidya. He was firstly rejected by guru drona in Hastinapur.
Then he vow that he will get a guru who doesn't discriminate on basis of cast and get knowledge from him. He searched fo this type of guru in whole aryavart for 14 month but he was always rejected on basis of cast.

He came to know about Bhagwan Parshuram but also came to know he only teaches Brahmans due to his vow so he decided tomorrow after Surya Puja he will go to mahendragiri disguising as brahman to get knowledge.

NEXT DAY

Karna woke up gor Surya Puja, yesterday he decided he will get his knowledge by posing as brahman to Bhagwan Parshuram, he knew it was bad idea but he was desperate.

He went to river ganga and finishes his surya pooja.

As he turned around he sees a very old woman trying pulling a cart. The cart has Shiv ling in it. It appears to be very heavy. The lady was asking for help,she was disheveled and was in rags clothes.As he was bound to his vow that he will not let anyone return empty handed after his Surya pooja he went near old lady for help.

Karna: Mata, app ko kisi saheyta ki avashyakta hai? agar mere vash mein hua toh mai aapki sahayta avashash karoonga.

(Mother do you need any help? If possible for me I will help you)

Old lady (surprised) : Putra, kya tum sach mein meri sahaya karoge? Parantu mere pass tumhe dene ke liye kuch mi nahi.

(Son will really help me but I don't have anything to give you in return.)

Karna (determined): avash karoonga agar mai aap ki sahayta kar paoon toh, yeh mera aapse vachan hai, mujhe aapke aashirwad ke atirikt aur kuch nahi chahiye.

(Of course I will help. I promise. Your blessings will be enough for me.)

Old lady staters at him, he has certain divinity about him, he was a very handsome teenager, his aura was very warm and soothing.She then told him how because of his husband her family was carsed because he killed a brahman. She told him that because of this curse no men in her family lived beyong 25 years. How now she only had a gradson soon approching this age. So, she for her grandson and her family visited all and any revered sage to get a way to break the curse.She told him how Sage Ved Vyas told her that if she pulled this Shiv ling to ardhnarishwar temple her wish will be filled. She also told him how the shivling will get heavier with each step and if other than her family member helps he or she will have to lift the shivling till they reached to ardhnarishwar temple without placing shivling on the ground and continuously & devotionally chanting "om namah shivay".

Now karna was in problem, he has already wasted 14 months and was ready to go to mahendragiri. He also saw hope in old lady's eye as he was sure that she will not be able to push the cart as it was already beyond her capacity to push cart any further. He wanted to leave but he promised that he will help. Karna was nothing if not the man of his word. It was this trait that help him thorough his tough time. He assured old lady that he will either help her complete the task or die trying to help her. He bowed down with "Har har Mahadev" and tried to lift the Shiv ling. He was able to lift the shivling easily so with "om namah shivay" he started walking towards ardhnarishwar mandir.

The ardhnarishwar mandir was one month foot walking distance from there but as he was walking with old lady he has to slow down or make stop at nights for her to rest, so journey was increased fo half month more. Karna completely devoted to chanting the mantra. He even abandoned his sleep and rest as he can't stop chanting or keep shivling on ground,so even when old lady was resting he has shivling on his shoulder and kept chanting. First few days were not very hard as though he didn't know being half dev he has stronger body than mortals on twentieth day his sleep, tiredness, and continuous increase of shivling weigh stated show its effect. Even taking few steps was getting difficult. His foot were bleeding, his shoulder was closed to dislocating due to stress.