Game

Upon entering the palace the ladies were separated from gents. Wives of Pandavas went to the chamber of kunti while Charumati went with Bhanumati. The family of Dhritarashtra clearly didn't want to have any interaction with them while with the relationship of Rudra, Charumati was welcomed as their daughter in law. Kunti was very angry with such blatant neglect but was helpless. She welcomed her daughters-in-law.

While the males reached the Sabha, Pandavas were given seats. They arrogantly sat there. Duryodhana and other Kauravas were getting fed up with their arrogance but they had to let it slide for what they had planned to happen. Guests were welcomed and some programmes were performed in their honour. Pandavas were gloating how Hastinapur had to do this for them, they didn't know it was just to strengthen the blow they will get afterwards.

The programmes ended and now it was time for the main event to take place. Yudhishthir was now very impatient his hands were itching, he didn't forget how he has to give up his tight despite being eldest, he has shown a big heart and chosen a barren land which they had turned into swarg on land (according to him) but still Hastinapur's throne should be his and today he would have it through his "great skills". Not only would he avenge their humiliation in the past or just at the entrance but also show his siblings how to win a kingdom without shedding a drop of blood.

According to Yudhishthir he would be doing a favour on Hastinapur by acquiring it as Duryodhana has polluted it through his reign. Kingdoms should be like Indraprastha where everything was done as per veda, despite being emperor he wasn't able to influence others and he knew the reason behind it. It was one kingdom, Suryaprast as it was the biggest obstacle in his way. Hastinapur would be a start, then slowly he would truly bring all kingdoms under him and then with the army and warrior entire Aryavart he would attack Suryaprast and wipe out the obstacles of Dharma. He believes that today would be the start of his reign over the entire Aryavart. After winning Hastinapur he would first handle the son of that suta.

While Yudhishthir was lost in his thoughts the terms and rules of Dyut were being explained. It was very simple: both parties would bring something of equivalent value and the losing party would either concede defeat or continue to gamble by increasing the stakes. Rudra meanwhile was looking at everything with a blank expression; he was even slightly disgusted by everything. Of course he knew the vices of Dyut and the severe consequences of the game. The story of Nala was quite famous, how he lost everything due to his addiction to the game but instead of learning from it many focused on how he won everything back later. He ever so slightly shook the start as the game began.

Duryodhana had told Yudhishthir that his Mamashree would play on his behalf, Yudhishthir confident in his skills. He also didn't want to play ignorant Duryodhana who doesn't understand the charm of brilliant games. Gandhar Raj would be a great opponent and no one could say he won through defeating a weak opponent. The game began and the stake was inconsequential for both sides hence the game began.

Yudhishthir lost easily but was adamant to continue, soon he lost the entire treasury which was a huge amount since Pandavas amassed a huge fortune in their Digvijaya. Then he betted all the das and dasi of indraprastha but lost again. Then again he betted the palace, entire indraprastha and everything. Yudhishthir's expression was still like the one who is not willing to give up, other Pandavas were worried. They were right, Yudhishthir was angry instead of worried, he couldn't believe he was losing. He was at the end with all material things but wasn't willing to accept defeat. He looked around and his gaze fixed on his brothers and an idea immediately came to his mind.

Yudhishthir: I will stake Nakul as my next bet.

Bhishma: Yudhishthir, stop. This is not right. You can't do this.