KARNA TALK WITH AVANTIKA

Karna and Avantika were walking in Ujjain palace garden. They reached its cente there was a huge tree there with Swing on it. They both sat on it and Karna slowly started swinging it.

Karna : I am not one to talk round and round. Do you really want to get married to me. I know I do. Not because of any boon, the first time I saw you I know I was attracted towards you. But I want to hear from you that you really want to marry me and no one is influencing you.

Avantika : I really want to marry you Radhey, no one is influencing me.

Karna (smiles) : Why do you want to marry me? What qualities that I have that you must have thought in dream husband?

Avantika : You have everything that I thought my future husband would have. You are strong, compassionate, impartial, righteous, knowledgeable, handsome and loving. You respect women, believe in equality.

Karna (curious): How so? How do you know, I have these qualities?

Avantika : I did my research at anga, people of anga weren't shy in describing you. From them I have felt nothing but love and respect. Your praise wasn't empty flattery but their hearts felt love for you. You know my Guru told me if you want to know about a king then look at condition of his kingdom and people instead of palace and luxury he have. Subjects are mirror of king's personality.

I know you are strong because you were trained by Ardhnarishwar ans saw your fight, your compassion and selflessness were told to me since I was a child, I have seen you taught Ashwatthama despite him using brahmastra on you equally as arjun, Nakul and Sahdev this shows your impartiality, your righteousness can be seen by you fulfilling you oaths and alms, I know you knowledgeable because you truly understood essence of vedas instead of mugging it and brought changes to rigid society that gives education on basis of cast instead of talent. You are handsome none can argue with that. Your relationship with Dushala is example of you loving and caring nature. Your views on women were told me this morning and I can see you are not telling that to impress me but they were your true thoughts. Your belief in equality can seem just by roaming around Anga once.

Karna : Thank you.

Avantika (curious): Now I want to know your views on me being your wife. Am I like what you thought in you future wife?

Karna (smiles) : I have thought much about qualities my wife should have except she would understand me and love me and my parents.

You have all those qualities. I can see I s good start. You are trying to understand me and our love will grow gradually.

About your qualities you are beautiful, strong, righteous, intelligent, respect elders. These are more than what I thought could get.

But you are a princes are you sure you will happy being married to a suta? The society is cruel you will be disrespected because of it. I am not saying this because I am ashamed of being suta far from it I am proud of it actually.

Avantika : I don't wish respect from someone who doesn't respect you. To me you are more kshatriya than others. I don't mind being call wife of suta of it means to be with you.

Avantika rests her head on karna shoulder, karna too rests his hand on her shoulder. They both enjoyed swing looking at moon.

Karna : You are going to be my wife Avantika let's share our childhood stories to get know each other better.

Avantika : Ok then I will start. I had a happy childhood, my parents didn't tell me about curse till it was broken they didn't wanted me to worry. I was a curious child that everything. I have met my grandmother when I was 9 year old till then she roamed all Aryavart to one methods to break curse. She told me all about her journey and you. She jokingly said you were going to be my husband, how right she was. At twelve I met my gurudev saint vishvamitra, I was beyond happy to learn from guru of Bhagwan Rama and Laxman. He taught me everything vedas, medicine, poisons weapons, politics, account. As you know I prefer swords but I am too well verse in daggers and hidden weapons. I always have 5 hidden weapons with me. Three of them are pins tying my hair and two daggers on either side of my waist. Pins are poisonous. They are in distance which is easy to approach. That's all about me. Now you tell.

Karna : My childhood was also happy as my parents always doted on me at same time it was sad because I was always attracted to weapons and wanted to learn but Hastinapur didn't allow it but I have my parents who always loved and encouraged me. I learnt the basics by watching the soldiers train and practised my self to perfect it. I approached Dronacharya to teach me when I heard he was coming to Hastinapur to teach the princes. I was rejected and was heart broken. My father seeing it allowed me to go and find my own guru. I was rejected by may guru because of my cast then Iet Rajmata Pushpa and you know what happened.

I met my teachers and went to Kailash with them they trained me everything. 64 kalas, weapons vedas, vyuha. I learned politics, economy and duties from my second guru Asur guru shukracharya he even taught me sanjeevni vidya after getting consent from teachers. I learned 64 kala from both Mahadev and Mata Parvati. I learned sword, spear, battle tactics nad vyuha from God of battle lord Kartikeya himself, mace and axe fighting, literature and knowledge from lord Ganesha, unarmed fight from Nandi, all this I learnt under supervision of Mahadev and Mata Parvati. Gurudev Shiva and Mata Parvati taught me archery themselves. For me to get knowledge bof divyastra I had use all basics they taught and fight them for I hour. I lasted for 2 hours but I know they went extremely easy on me. Then they told me to do penance of tridevs and trideviyan to get boons from them and to awake my yogic shakti and conquer my seven ripus. After 2 years the tridevs and trideviyan blessed me and tridevs promised me to gave their weapons after my training will complete, mata saraswati blessed me with knowledge, mata Laxmi blessed me  with this pouch it will never run out of food and money and Mata Parvati blessed me adhisaktiastra. After that I gained knowledge of divyastra and advance techniques from Mahadev and Mata Parvati. They tested me one final time to see whether I have learnt well or not. For this test devguru brihaspati took test of my knowledge, lord Kartikeya took my sword fighting skill test, lord Hanuman tested my mace fighting and unarmed combat test, guru shukracharya took my spear skill test, Mahadev himself tested my archery and trideviyan with apsara and wives of dev took my 64 kala test. I barely held my ground for 2 hours agaist each of them. I was no match for them but was stubborn enough to keep standing. They blessed me. I got blessings to bring change and dharma to mortals fron dev guru brihaspati, lord Kartikeya's favourite sword, boon to have strength and speed of wind from lord Hanuman, Vijaya bow and Digvijaya blessings from lord Parshuram, guru shukracharya blessed me immunity from black magic and illusions, Mahadev blessed me immunity from all poison, lord Vishwakarma gifted me Chariot rashmi and quiver which will never runout of arrow, suryadev gave me boon of immunity from tire and astra of him and devi Saraswati blessed to call rain and weather change from my Veena Play. After that tridevs gave their weapons as they promised. As for gurudhkhsina my teachers have asked me to always be righteous and I promised them to do so.

After that I left Kailash and stated my journey to Hastinapur in between I helped anybody who needed help. I arrived at a village that was affected by drought, I took out my Veena and called forth rain but indradev came he said it was his punishment to the villagers as they had stopped praying him. We agrued and then fought at the end he forgave villagers and rained he blessed me with vaasvi shakti.

Then I reached Hastinapur. I met my parents and then I met Bheeshma Pitamah. I was angry at how after knowing dharma he didn't allow me learn weapon. He invited me we talked and he made me understand how he always supported me from back. He was the one convinced Pitashree to let me go to other places to learn we mended our relationship and after that he made me king of Anga but to prove my worth to public he fought with me infront of whole Hastinapur. After fight I met Kuruvansh at dinner, where Dushala called me brother despite of my cast I happily accepted. During my stay at Hastinapur I became close to her, Subhadra who was at Hastinapur at that time , mata Ghandhari and Mata kunti. The war of succession was going on so I kept my distance from rajkumars but I and Ashwatthama became close. Me and Arjun became close when we were escorting Subhadra to Dwarka and faced kalyawan. Then I left for Anga from there you know what all has happened.

Avantika was shocked hearing all this, she was sure Karna told her every thing about him she was happy she was first to know all this.

Avantika : Thank you for sharing all this with me I will keep it to me only.

Karna smiled and streched his hand he chanted mantras and a beautiful. Sword appeared in his hand and said : “Priye this is sword of lord Kartikeya that he gifted me, today I gift it to you to remember this day.” Avantika too didn't refuse and accepted it. It was getting blate so both went back to their seperate chamber. Next Karna, Ashwatthama, Arjun, Nakul, Sahdev and Dushala left for Anga and Krishna with family left for Dwarka. King Vikramaditya informed Karna that he will go to Hastinapur after few days to fix marriage date with Karna's parents.