ARRIVAL AT HASTINAPUR

While Vidhur has gone to indraprastha, Bheeshma sent a messenger to suryaprast, he could feel that the dyut sabha would be catastrophic event for his vansh and due to his vows he could be only spectator of it so he held all his hopes on Karna. The messenger has returned and informed that Karna and Avantika would not be able to attend the sabha but fortunately the prince and daughter in law of Suryaprast has accepted the invitation. Bheeshma was elated hearing his eldest great grandson is coming back. He hasn't seen the child for a long time and now the lad has grown enough to start his own family. Of course he knows the fiasco at swayamvar, of course every time he thought enough of the embarrassment caused by Pandavas, one of them goes and proves him wrong. At Least between all this there would be a shed of happiness. He also pinned his hopes in upbringing of Karna and Avantika that their sin would not let something drastic to ever happen but thinking of the deeds of Pandavas against Karna he really questioned himself if they are actually worthy of Karna's family to stand up and protect them everytime. Unfortunately he knew the answer but hoped that they wouldn't do it. Oh he couldn't even laugh or curse about this irony and could only shed silent tears.

All the preparation for the doom of kuru vansh is in full swing. Duryodhana was elated about everything he had planned but not more than Shakuni who had dreamt of this and this could be said to be the only motto of his life too. Now he would get his revenge. Shakuni being an intelligent fellow of course has spies in indraprastha. Truthfully it wasn't hard, just say you are from the upper caste and those fools themselves would try everything in their capacity to win you over. From all that was happening there he could deduce what was going on but instead of suggesting war to Duryodhana he suggested this because in war whoever dies would get honor of dying with their honour and he wants to rob honour of this vansh. He saw this as a perfect opportunity as not even the biggest thorn in his way could stop him as they were in yagna. Despite trying very hard he couldn't put his spies there but He knew of swayamvar so he was sure Rudra and Charumati wouldn't come knowing it was Pandavas that were coming to Hastinapur.

The royal family of Hastinapur was at the entrance of the palace waiting for Pandavas. They came with their heads held high. Pandavas were very proud in fact too proud that a kingdom that was their right was snatched from them but now that kingdom has become their vassal state. They all came down their chariots with their wives and children. As per traditions they were welcomed and Pandavas too did prefuntunary greetings. They didn't even try to touch the feet of elders thinking of their standing and status only. All Bheeshma, Vidhur, and Kripa could do was shake their heads in disappointment. While others felt bad for such blatant disrespect. Everyone was ready to go inside but a chariot entered the gate of Hastinapur's palace.

Of course everyone recognised the chariot as this was the chariot of Suryaprast, and only the king of Suryaprast could ride it. Since Rudra was acting king he chose to drive this despite not really being willing. Seeing the chariot everyone was surprised except Bheeshma and Vidhur. Seeing and hearing about the occupant of the chariot, the royal family was very happy. Rudra of course was the darling of Hastinapur residents especially of Bheeshma and Bhanumati. But color drained from the face of Shakuni and Pandavas even Kunti was not happy.

Rudra dismounted the chariot with his wife Charumati. His welcome was going to be like a king of an allied kingdom but before that Rudra immediately touched the feet of Gandhari and Dhritarashtra.

Rudra: Bless me, Pitamah and Pitamahi.

Charumati did the same.

Dhritarashtra and Gandhari: Kalyan ho, Putra! akand swabhagyawati bhava Putri.

Dhritarashtra: Putra Rudra we have heard of your return and marriage son. Our blessings are with you always but son, you are Yuvraj of Suryaprast. Tradition dictates you should be welcomed like such first.

Rudra: Pitamah, is our relationship so flimsy that this would affect it. I am here as your grandson to let Charumati meet all of you as my family. Are you saying I can't do that?

Dhritarashtra: Who could win you in an argument, Son. But I admit you are right.

Gandhari: You took quite a long time to come, Rudra.

Rudra: Situation as such Pitamahi.

Gandhari: Leave this, I am very happy you came son.

Rudra and Charumati took blessings from every elder of Hastinapur present there except the family of Hastinapur including Rajmata Kunti. They all blessed him, Pandavas were staring rudely at Ridra while Shakuni breathed a sigh of relief. The situation seemed to turn about welcoming newly weds instead of welcoming Samrat and his family. Pandavas were feeling humiliated. They of course hate Rudra and through what happened in Dwarka they didn't like Charumati too. Though they had different theories about it. Arjun and Shurtkarma were looking at the couple with most hatred.

Bheem: Enough, what is this suta doing here? Why has he come on the auspicious occasion of Samrat of Aryavart coming to Hastinapur. Is this the way you want to insult us?

Immediately the Pandavas smiled mockingly. Even after the curse came to effect they didn't lose their arrogance. They have always done this but unlike Karna it was Ridra they were facing.

Rudra: Nobody would think you are mute if you don't speak. For all you precu of tradition don't you know when a King and a Yuvraj interact not a mere commander of the army should speak.

Bheem: You suta how dare you?

Rudra: Keep quiet.

His voice held authority like his father which silenced everyone. Many can see the shadow of his parents in him.

Rudra: Samrat Yudhishthir, keep your brother in line. I don't know about Indraprastha but in Suryaprast mad elephants are not allowed to roam around instead are killed. Don't test my patience, you five are not enough to withstand my wrath.

Yudhishthir: Mind your language Rudraadtiya, you are talking to a Samrat.

Rudra: Yuvraj Rudraadtiya, and don't forget this Samrat. If a monkey gets on top of a tree that doesn't mean he is king of the jungle and is above the lion. I really wish to know what you could do to me and my kingdom, go and ask whatever vassal states you have to see if they support you if you desire to go to war with Suryaprast. It's not me who needs to mind my language.

Nakul: Does Hastinapur continue to listen to the insults of Samrat.

Dhritarashtra: We have a non aggression pact with Suryaprast.

His answers were short and simple but it shows his standing. Listening to him, pandavas could only greet their teeth. As per them even with trickery Rudra has defeated Gandivdhari Arjun and with their state they were not his opponent at all and Hastinapur wasn't willing to help them. They looked across and saw the mocking smile of Duryodhana and Kauravas who were enjoying the show while the elders had indifferent expressions. Shakuni in between was enjoying this, he was scared but now he was sure his plan would not fail.

Shakuni: Let's end this here, Samrat Yudhishthir, you are here as a guest, same as Yuvraj Rudraadtiya. Being the elder, forget everything and don't let this ruin your mood for dyut.

Hearing Dyut, Yudhishthir immediately looked at him, for Suryaprast he was helpless but he wouldn't let Hastinapur go for this humiliation. He would win over this kingdom and then punish them and Rudraadtiya too as then Mahamahim has to follow his order instead of Dhritarashtra because as per him this was the reason Bheeshma didn't say anything. With unpleasantness they entered the palace while Rudra didn't care as he didn't take these Pandavas or their sons seriously. He alone was enough to decimate them. The catastrophic day was about to begin.