RETURN TO HASTINAPUR

2 days after krishna's marriage ceremony both Karna and Arjun decided to leave Dwarka and return to Hastinapur. Relationship between Karna and Arjun blossomed in these days. Arjun went to karna for archery advice next day of Krishna- Rukmini marriage. Karna didn't mind he too understood Arjun through this journey and stay at Dwarka. He knows Arjun has changed and curbed his arrogance. Karma never minded arrogance of Arjun, it was there simply because all the attention and praise Arjun got from childhood and Arjun's lack of experience in real world. According to Karna Arjun has matured a lot going through the difficulties in this trip. Arjun was young and he had recently won war against grat king of panchaal Drupad. It was natural to have pride in that, but his encounter with asurs opened Arjun's eyes and made him realise that he has long way to go. It will be better for Arjun, though Karan was impressed that Arjun was able to swallow his ego and pride and ask for his assistance in getting better. In 2 days Karna taught him many intricacies of Archery and told him to meditate daily to get control over his ripu especially pride and anger. They both asked for horses from Balram and left Dwarka after saying their byes.

The journey of Hastinapur was 6 days long. Both Karna and Arjun become even close. They both became friends. Arjun asked him about his time at Kailash parvat which karna happily told him. Arjun also shared details of his time at gurukul. They both shared details about their archery learning process it was very similar. Arjun also asked Karna's opinion on Dronacharya. Karna replied he now have no problems with drona but was very deeply hurt when Dronacharya had rejected him. Karna still respects Dronacharya as great warrior and teacher. Karna also shared his thoughts regarding Dronacharya's gurudhkhsina. Both talked a lot in their journey of returning to Hastinapur. Sixth day they both returned to Hastinapur and parted their way not before Karna reminded Arjun about the promise to keep his teacher's identity secret, Arjun assured karna that he remembers and will abide his promise. Arjun left for palace and Karna left for his parents house.

Karna reached his house to see Radha maa was busy in preparing lunch. He went to his mother toched her feet. Radha was happy to see karna back. Karna then helped Radha in preparing food, Radha also asked about his journey and stay at Dwarka. He told her about everything. Radha was shocked her son had such a journey. In simply 20days her son fought eight asurs, their army and helped Sri Krishna in his eloped marriage. She was scared of her son facing asurs and scolded him for being stupid and overconfident. Karna was smiling throughout her scolding it was a way of showing her love and concern for him. Soon both had lunch and Karna went to his room to rest.

WITH ARJUN.

Arjun reached palace gates to see his mother was standing there with aarti thali, his brothers were also there with Pitamah Bheeshma. News about Karna and Arjun facing kalyawan and his army reached Hastinapur. They didn't know what went in battle but knew both were safe. Arjun dismounted from his horse and went near them. Kunti did aarti and welcomed him. They all then went to Kunti's room.

Bheeshma : Son I am happy for your return. We heard you fought with Asur. Tell us about that.

Rest Pandavas : Yes tell us about it.

Nakul : Yes brother tell us how you saved princess Subhadra?

Arjun : Granduncle, I didn't fight much, it was all  Karna. I was more of hindrance than help in the fight.

All were shocked, they knew Arjun was somewhat arrogant but he has the capabilities backing him up on that arrogance, after all who else can claim to break Chakravyuh and defeat the mighty Panchal raj Drupad just after completing gurukul. They were surprised that their Arjun accepted someone better than him and him being hindrance in battle. The room went quiet.

Bheeshma : Son tell us about the fight.

Arjun then gave detailed explanation of how fight happened. He didn't hide his stupidity or Karna's skills. He did hid about Kalyawan telling about Karna's teachers. All others were shocked to say the least except Bheeshma. Kunti was happy hearing about Karna's strength. Rest Pandavas were speechless.

Bheeshma (chuckles) : I knew he wasn't fighting with all his skills when he was fighting me in the arena.

Bheem : But pitamah (grandfather/ Granduncle), you both fought so vigorously in the arena that too with all weapons.

Bheeshma : Putra, we both didn't fight with all our might otherwise Hastinapur will be in danger and innocents would have died, what you saw was just testing the waters. It looks like Karna was hiding more than I thought.

Others except Arjun were surprised.

Arjun : Pitamah is right, you can't guage Mitra Karna's battle prowess without witnessing it with your own eyes. When he was angry he looked like kaal bhairav ( diety known for fighting prowess and killing) himself. I am sure both us and Kauravas with Ashwatthama could not as much as put scratch on him even he fought all of us alone at same time. Do you know he fought to a draw in mace fight with Haldhar Balram himself.

Bheem : What? That's not possible even Guru Dronacharya said he wasn't equal to Shree balram in mace fight.

There was stunned silence inthe room.

Sahdev : brother Arjun why have you called karna as your friend.

Arjun : During our stay at Dwarka and journey to Hastinapur we got close. I even asked him tips for archery and training which he happily taught me.

Pandavas were once again shocked as Arjun never asked others about training tips even Dronacharya has declared he didn't have anything else to teach Arjun. So, for Arjun to take Karna's help was mind blowing for them. Arjun must be truly impressed by Karna to do so. And Angraj too taught him despite  Dronacharya unfavorable impression of Karna. Bheeshma was happy Arjun has matured a lot during this trip both as fighter and human being. He was happy that one of Pandavas formed such bonds with Karna. He knew Karna would be good influence on the Pandavas. Kunti too was happy that Karna and Arjun formed such bonds. She quietly wiped corner of her eyes but her this actions were caught by two people Bheeshma and Arjun. Both narrowed their eyes.

Nakul : What about his chariot Rashmi that he summoned? I haven't seen such beautiful horses or chariot in my life. From where did he got that chariot.

Arjun : “That I don't know about, you have to ask him youself.” Arjun didn't lie now he genuinely didn't know as karna didn't talked him about his tests or boons.

Sahdev : Chariot? Rashmi? Summoned?

Nakul : It's  the most beautiful chariot I have ever seen. It is called Rashmi. Angraj summoned it by chanting matras. Don't worry you will see it soon Dhushala wanter a ride on it and Angraj won't be able to say no to her demands. She is the one most eagerly waiting for him to come back.

Others laughed at that, they knew powerful Karna may be but Dhushala has him wraped around her fingers. Otherwise who else is so daring to say Angraj to dance, cook, paint, etc for him/her.

Bheeshma : I really want to know who is Karna's teacher.

Yudhishthir who was listening till now also added

Yudhishthir : How did Bhagwan Parshuram knew of Karna.

Everyone was pondering but Arjun jut kept his head low. He knew abot Karna's teacher and Bhagwan Parshuram was his guru Bharata so of course he knows Karna. Others saw that.

Kunti : Arjun, do you know who is his teacher?

Arjun : Yes, mother but I have promised to keep it secret, sorry I couldn't say. But he has two teachers that's all I could tell you.

Bheeshma : Did Karna told you?

Arjun : Nahi Pitamah, I know of it from other sources. That too because I accidentally heard someone talking about his teachers to him.

Other thoughts Arjun was talking about Krishna. Bheeshma was really curious, so he decided to ask his mother Ganga about Karna. Kunti then told Arjun to rest and others to lave as it was her praying time. Yudhishthir too told Arjun to rest as they will talk in the evening about his stay at Dwarka. They all dispersed fom Kunti's room.