BHEESHMA KNOWS EVERYTHING

Next day, Karna reached Hastinapur palace. He went to sabha. Th court proceedings happened till afternoon. Karna was informed that in one week he would have to leave for Anga.

After thee the court got over, Bheeshma signalled karna to wait. Karna was waiting then Yudhishthir came to greet Karna and thank him for saving Arjun. Both talked for some time, then a soldier came and said to Karna tha Mahamahim Bheeshma was waiting for him in his chamber. Karna and Yudhishthir then parted ways, karna then went to Bheeshma chamber.

In Bheeshma's chamber.

Karna : Pranipat, Mahamahim.

Bheeshma : Stay blessed. Mahamahim ki avashyakta nahi. Tum bhi mujhe Pitamah bula sakte ho, yadi sabke saamne nahi toh ekant mein sahi. Gandari aur kunti ne tume Putra and Dhushala ne tumhe bharata maana hai.
( Don't call me Mahamahim,call me Granduncle, if not in front of everyone then at least in private. After all Ghandhari and Kunti considers you their son and Dhushala too calls you brother.)

Karna (surprised) : Ok I guess,Why have you called me today? Pitamah.

Bheeshma : I wanted to thank you for helping Arjun and talk about your kingdom.

Karna : There is no need to thank me. We both were there to protect Subhadra and that's what we did. Please inform me details about condition of Anga.

Bheeshma : All right, Anga is very poor now, it is now facing a severe draught condition as water source is blocked by the dam of Magadh. The dam is on border of of border of both countries. We have sent several requests to Magadh king Jarasandh to let the water go but he is very stubborn. Jarasandh is the another problem you have to face, we know from our spies that he is going to do maha yagya (ritual) and he is planning to sacrifice 100 kings in that yagya. He already has 99 kings arrested, you will probably be his next target as anga is independent state now. Till now jarasandh didn't attach and captured it because of Hastinapur but now he will surely do. Are you up for the challenge? Jarasandh is a very formidable warrior and many considers him as immortal.

Karna : I am not afraid of anyone.

Bheeshma : That I know son, but what will do regarding poverty of Anga. People there are on verge of dying because of hunger, it was caused due to lack of crops. Agna has fertile land but because of no water supply it has become barren now. Anga army is also very weak now.

Karna (confidently) : I have told you to leave it to me. I have solution for that.

Bheeshma (smiles) : That you did, That you certainly did Ardhnarishwar shishya (Ardhnarishwar: Mahadev and Mata Parvati together, shishya : deciple)

Karna (shoked) : How did you know,
? I am sure it isn't Arjun.

Bheeshma : It isn't Arjun, I got to know about you because of my mother Ganga.

Karna : Oh that's understandable. Dev's do know about me. Pitamah don't spread the words.

Bheeshma : Don't worry I have promised my mother whatever she tell me will be kept secret. I can't even talk about it with the person whose secret it is if she didn't allows me to. I got to know everything about you from my mother.I have got her approval to talk you about this matter.

Karna was surprised at Bheeshma forced pranunciation on word ‘this’ but chucked it as he thought Bheeshma was talking about his tests and boons. He thought Bheeshma must have changed his view on hearing he was disciple of Ardhnarishwar.

Karna : Ab mai chalta hoo Pitamah. Pranipat.
( Now I have to go. Goodbye)

Bheeshma watch retreating figure, he sighed and sat down on the chair. He recalled his talks with nis mother. He was astounded hearing about Karna from her. Karna did not know his own identity. He almost pitted Karna, such cruel destiny was forced on him.