DYUT INVITATION AND ACCEPTANCE

At Hastinapur,

Few months have passed since the Rajsuya yagna in Indraprastha but Duryodhana couldn't forget his insult that happened there. Bheem's words were ringing in his head repeatedly at first listening to advice from Karna because the respect he held for him he tried to let it go but he couldn't. He wasn't like him and could never be. The words of Bheem were giving him nightmares and it repeatedly stung him. His pride didn't allow him to let it go but there was nothing he could do. He saw Pitamah was also disappointed in Pandavas but the entire Aaryavrat had accepted their sovereignty and so did Hastinapur. Seeing such conditions of him everybody was disturbed, nobody knew what to do but Dhritarashtra knew of someone who could help, Shakuni. So he called for him.

Shakuni who got the invitation didn't delay and arrived at Hastinapur. Shakuni was aware of what happened at Indraprastha as his son too attended the ceremony. Seeing Duryodhana he knew it was a chance for him, so he first pacified his nephew and swore to him that he would give him his revenge. After that he outstretched the plan of Dyut. Both Shakuni and Duryodhana knew the love Yudhishthir had for it despite not being very good at it. Shakuni explained his plan to Duryodhana who agreed to it immediately. They both involved Dhritarashtra in the plan.

The plan was then proposed in the kurusabha in the pretense of such an event to respect the Samrat and build a stronger relationship with him. Bheeshma, Vidhur and Kripacharya immediately smelled the conspiracy behind it, the presence of Gandhar raj was unnerving in itself though no one vocalized but they were grateful for Karna for throwing him out of Hastinapur. It was something they weren't able to achieve as he held the confidence of the king. The announcements were made and Vidhur was chosen as representative to give this information to Pandavas. 

After the Sabha, Bheeshma, Kripacharya and Vidhur were in room of Bheeshma,

Vidhur: Tatshree, there is no need to even discuss, this is a conspiracy.

Bheeshma : I knew Putra.

Kripacharya : Arrival of Gandhar raj alone is proof enough but we can't just say no to this.

What should we do?

Vidhur : We can't do anything, I have to go with it but I will try to warn Yudhishthir that maybe he will decline.

Bheeshma: Vidhur, don't have false hope. You know he won't decline. 

They know it is inevitable. Yudhishthir was too proud of his Dharma and it was Dharma that a king couldn't decline invitation of war and dyut. They also knew he loved the game and because of ot this was perfect bait. Duryodhana himself wasn't very good nir does he like playing the game but Shakuni was different matter.

Vidhur : I can see the event would be catastrophic, Tatshree. Is there any way to stop it? Maybe the presence of Suryaprast naresh can deter Shakuni.

Bheeshma : It would be Putra but Shakuni is very cunning. He chose to do this now because he knows  Karna and Avantika do 15 days long Mahakal yagna at this time of year so they won't be able to come to Hastinapur but I will try and see what I can do but be prepared for the worst.

Vidhur knew his Tatshree was right, three of them could see the storm coming towards their vansh. But still Vidhur did his duty and with the scroll of invitation he left towards Indraprastha.

He reached Indraprastha after a day of travel and went towards Indraprastha palace, while going there he could see there is a contrast in everything he saw before, there are very few shops open and population too has decreased in outer periphery of Kingdom whike it has huge contrast since he entered the middle part, lot of people were roaming around with their head high and he could instantly say they were brahman and kshatriya by their distinctive clothes and attitude. He entered the palace and was told he would be granted the meeting with the Samrat after today's court will end. Vidhur frowned at balant disrespect but couldn't do anything. The wives of Pandavas became aware of his presence and came to him, they too frowned upon bhis treatment but took him to guest chamber and served him meal and told him to rest. 

After almost a prahar, Vidhur was granted the meeting. So he went there, as he the court he could see every was arrogantly sitting and none of his beloved nephew stood up to greet him which hurted him very much though he didn't show it to face and came at centre of Sabha.

Yudhishthir : What message does Maharaj of Hastinapur gas sent.

He didn't do formal greeting and whike sitting on his throne he asked arrogantly. In these days he had a mentality of low born as impure so how would he lower himself to a dasi Putra whatever his relationship be with him before but now he was a Samrat and should act accordingly. Bheem, Nakul and Sahdev were there with him but had agreed to thinking of their Jyestha.

Vidhur : Pranipat Samrat, King of Hastinapur has called you for a game of Chausar in your honour.

Yudhishthir eyes gleamed at mere mention of game because of his addiction and now a days he didn't get to play it.

Yudhishthir (immediately) : I accept the offer kindly convey my acceptance to proposal and thanks for sending it to me.

None of fools ever expected a trap or remembered the humiliation Duryodhana faced in Indraprastha. Because of liberal and forgiving attitude of Karna they took insulting others as inconsequential but they forget it wasn't Karna they were dealing with but Duryodhana. Vidhur wanted to advice them against it but can't because as rajdut he couldn't go against his king he thought as uncle of Pandavas he could guide them but he can see they didn't consider him worthy of taking advice or even talk to. He wasn't sure if he didn't come here as representative of Hastinapur would they ever allows him to meet them. He left the darbar agter giving formal greeting which Pandavas just nodded sitting on their throne. 

Vidhur still tried he called upon Devika and adviced her, Devika told she would try and ask him to stay for dinned but Vidhur left saying he gas other duties where in truth he was heart broken by everything. Upon exciting yhe palace he went to outer residential area and got to onow the atrocities and behaviour of Pandavas towards his own citizens. Being an intelligent person he knew the fall of Pandavas has started he knew they were to blame not just curse of Ashwatthama. 

Yudhishthir immt gave order for preparation to go to Hastinapur to his brothers. Hw couldn't wait for the game and his brother followed the order. It was also because they want to keep up the pretence of everything is fine because if Duryodhana became aware of it he would immediately attack Indraprastha. Bheem even went to Arjun's chamber and made him com out and prepare for journey.

Devika jas shared words of Vidhur to her sister in law's. They together thought of talking to their husbands. At night they even tried but were shut down by saying not to interfere in political matters not every kingdom is Suryaprast where queen held power but infact Indraprastha is epitome of society patriarchal and casteist thinking. Jere such thinking prevailed like no where else. 

Next day all the preparation is done and Pandavas along with their wife moved towards Hastinapur. Not knowing they were walking towards their doom.