the break up

"Morning

"Morning." Angel muttered as she rubbed her eyes coming out from her room.

Austin looked up from the table, "You woke up late, it's almost lunchtime."

"We didn't go to bed till late." Angel told him, making his eyebrow raise in amusement.

"Thank goodness I wore my soundproof headphones. I don't think I would be able to handle all that noise." He chuckled but came to a halt when she shook her head.

"We didn't do anything. He didn't even talk to me, we just, like, laid there."

"Well I hope you don't mind, I helped myself to some eggo waffles and coffee." He quickly changed the subject seeing as the look on her face changed into one of sadness quickly.

"It's totally fine." She waved it off, going into the kitchen herself.

"I'm gonna take this to go before my shoot later. Thanks for letting me stay." Austin quickly stood up, turning to Angel before looking towards Finn, "And it was nice to meet you."

Finn gave a stiff nod, "Yeah you too." He said as Austin grabbed his things  on the way out.

After he was gone there were a few moments of silence. Neither of the two knew what to say or what they should say. Angel stared down at her feet before letting out a sigh and turning to look at Finn, "Um, so, are you hungry? Can I make you some breakfast?"

"Yeah. Thanks." Finn gave her a half smile before looking around a bit at the apartment. "This place is awesome."

"Yeah, my agent did a great job." She smiled at him, however she couldn't take the awkwardness of everything anymore. "I can't do this, Finn. I don't understand. I don't know what's going on. Why are you here and why aren't you in your uniform?"

Finn stopped in his tracks turning to look at the girl, "Because I'm not in the Army. Well, I was, for 16 days." Angel's face fell in confusion.

"I don't understand."

Finn took a seat at the table, "It wasn't that bad. I really felt like I was somewhere. I could make a difference, and I'm pretty used to getting yelled at, so I was doing okay. Then, one day, I was cleaning Angel...they make you give your rifle a name..." He trailed off noticing the small smile on her face that appeared. "I shot right through my thigh. Thank God it didn't hit any bones. I got a semi-honorable discharge. So I've been backpacking through Georgia for the past couple months. I'm sorry I didn't call you, but... but I was just so embarrassed. I mean, I left with so much certainty and confidence. I was gonna redeem my dad and make you proud. I couldn't face you seeing me as a Lima loser."

Angel sighed looking at the upsetting face, "Enough of this... enough lumping around." She went to sit on his lap wrapping her arms around his neck, "All right, so what? The Army didn't work out. Plans change. You're here now, with me, in...in the greatest city in the whole world and what a better place for you and I to find you a new dream."