homecoming

"I'm not going

"I'm not going."

Finn groaned, throwing his head back in frustration, "Angel, it's a few days. Can't you just push back whatever you had scheduled?" He questioned.

"No, I can't." She rolled her eyes, "It is a contractual obligation of mine to be here and I can't just push things back for non-emergency things. It makes me look bad."

"We've been here five months, telling them no a few days won't kill you." Finn tried to reason with her.

"I said no." Angel stood her ground, "You're free to go back to Lima but I'm not going till my contact is done here." She told him once again.

Finn took a seat on a chair, "You know I thought when we got married we were going to compromise." He muttered loud enough for Angel to hear.

"Don't throw it back in my face." She shook her head, "I didn't force you to come here." She reminded him.

"No- I did it because I love you. Because as your husband I felt like it was right."

She went to stand in front of him, "And I thank you every day but it's not fair to use it against me. I was fine with coming alone or not coming at all." She told him.

"I just don't think how it's not fair that I sacrificed but you didn't." He shrugged.

She tilted her head in confusion, "What about all the times I flew back and forth from New York to Ohio? Was that not enough!" She raised her voice, "You said this would be good for us."

"And it was, but now I just feel– trapped." At the last word, Angel's face faltered, forming a frown. "Baby I didn't mean–"

She shook her head stopping him from reaching her, "Go back to Lima and help them. But, I can't go right now." She kissed his cheek, "I have to go, I have a shoot."

[ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ]

When Angel returned to her apartment that night, she saw Finn was gone, she wasn't quite sure what she felt about it. On one hand she did tell him and she didn't mind at all but on the other hand, she wasn't sure where it left them, he didn't even bother to say goodbye.

Before she went to bed she made sure to text him goodnight (even though it was still the evening in Ohio), wanting to let him know that she wasn't angry with him. The following morning she received a text informing her that he was there but that was it. She went on with her day until the evening/night came where she hopped on a call with Santana, Quinn, and Brittany.

"Sorry I'm not there." She apologized, taking a break from eating her food, "Believe me when I say, I wish I was."

The three girls waved it off, "We understand completely. We know you'll be here as soon as you can."

"I just feel bad." She sighed, "I mean maybe Finn was right...leaving a few weeks early won't hurt anybody–"

Santana cut her off, "It'll hurt you."