ballad

Angels POV:

Angels POV:

"Ballad. From Middle English, ballad. Who knows what this word means?" Mr. Schue asked as he wrote 'ballad' on the board.

Brittany was first to answer, "It's a male duck." Her wrong answer earned many stares.

Mr. Schue dismissed her answer turning to someone else, "Kurt." He calls.

"A ballad is a love song." Kurt responds.

"Sometimes, but they don't always express love. Ballads are stories set to music—which is why they're the perfect storm of self-expression. Stories and music are the way we express feelings that we can't get out any other way. Okay, now, sectionals are in a few weeks and there's a new rule this year– we have to perform... a ballad." He explains.

"Looks like my weekly letter to the Ohio Show Choir Committee finally paid off!" I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. So here's our assignment for the week: I'm going to pair you off, and I want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner. Look them right in the eye, find the emotion you want to express, and make them feel it."

"I pick Quinn." Finn states.

Mr. Schue shook his head, "No, no, no. Too easy. Your partners will be chosen by fate."

"Ooh!" We say.

"Ooh, yeah. I put all your names in this hat. Whoever you choose is your partner." He sasys.

"I bet the duck's in the hat." I whisper to Brittany as she nods in agreement making Santana, Mike and Matt look at us weirdly.

"But there's an odd number of us." Sanata says turning her attention back to Mr. Schue

"Um... I guess I'll just have to put my name in the hat." Oh god please don't let me get him.

Puck was the first to go up, "Mercedes." He chooses causing her to roll her eyes in annoyance.

"Quinn." Artie says with a smile.

"Kurt." Finn picks, making us laugh.

He tried to protest against it, "The fates have spoken, Finn." Mr. Schue tell him

"Other Asian." Tina said causing be to giggle a bit making Mike elbow me.

"Brittany." Santana gasps.

"How fitting."

"Yay! No way." Brittany cheers.

I go up to the hat and take a deep breath before pulling out the name from the hat reading who's name on it "Matt." I say sighing in relief happy I didn't get Mr. Schuester or Rachel.

"Looks like I got you, Mr. Schue." Rachel says standing up.

"Uh... you know what? Maybe we should put you into another group." He tell her.