┏°⌜ 003: The solution

You immediately regretted your choice of words.
He probably thought you enjoyed this story, a story where he had to suffer a lot and many people had to die. Maybe he thought it was a good night story for kids.

"No, that's not how I wanted to portray it, i'm sorry!
It's got action, mystery, some comedic moments, good animation in the anime and the drawing style in the manga is absolutely awesome. It also got good music. Attack on Titan's popularity can be considered to be a product of several factors: the storyline and setting, characters and character building, everything."

You thought carefully about your choice of words because you don't want to say anything wrong.
You thought for a little while and kept going
"People watch the anime or read the manga in the hope that their favorite character will survive. They want everyone to survive. But if someone dies or suffers, then you can believe me that the fans are very sad. However I thought- we thought, that this is all JUST a story. Nobody knew that this actually happened."

Tears came out from your eyes. Is that true? Is this story really real? Did so many people really had to suffer? Did Eren really had to suffer so much?

You had to cry several times while watching the anime or after reading the manga. But as a consolation you had in the back of your mind that it's just a story that never happened.
But now...

Eren was speechless.
His eyes showed no emotion, neither anger nor sadness. Absolutely nothing.

You, on the other hand, couldn't hold back your tears.
Why is this world so cruel?

"I-i'm so sorry Eren! I-"

Your knees fell to the floor, you were no longer able to speak, you could no longer look him in the eye.

Eren also sat down on the floor next to you, but he didn't say a single word.

What kind of expression is he doing right now?
Was he angry?
Was he sad?
Is he mad at you?
You just looked at the ground, you just couldn't look him in the eye-
and not only because your eyes were full of tears, it's also because you were afraid to see his face.

What kind of expression is he doing right now? Was he angry? Was he sad? Is he mad at you? You just looked at the ground, you just couldn't look him in the eye-and not only because your eyes were full of tears, it's also because you were afraid to...

"Look at me y/n"

Shit

No

"Please look at me"

His voice sounded emotionless

He took his index finger and placed it on your chin. With his finger he adjusted your head so that he could see your face.

Eren moved his other hand and extended it towards you, but when you saw that, you quickly closed your eyes and you started to shake.

What is he doing? Does he want to hit you? Does he want to hurt you?

But then you can feel his other hand wiping away your tears.

"Please do not cry"
He said that in a calm tone.