┏°⌜ 047: Old Home

Eren was unusually quiet and you didn't know if you should say anything either.

So many questions buzzed in your head. What was the meaning of his question? What if he asks you that again, how should you answer?

Mikasa's answer in the anime was 'family', but she regretted it. When you first read this in the manga, you got the impression that Eren was in love with Mikasa and he wanted to hear her opinion. To be precise, that was actually the reason...

What am I to you ?

That's a good question... a friend? someone you admire? Someone you respect? Your Crush? Or just your favorite Attack on Titan character?

Lost in your thoughts, you looked at Eren for a brief moment. His face was perfect. He was groomed and his lips looked so soft. The hairstrands that hung over his face 'danced' in the wind. And his eyes... his eye color was beautiful.

Damn you got so warm all of a sudden...
You leaned your upper body closer to him and looked straight ahead, acting like everything is fine.

After a moment when you still didn't noticed any reaction from the brunette you looked at him again, but he was looking straight ahead and continued to focus on jumping around and flying with the 3d maneuver gear.

Suddenly, Eren casually jumped down from a roof that wasn't very high and landed on the ground.

"Huh? What are you doing?"
You asked him curiously while looking around

However, he didn't answer and started walking along the path between the houses and continued to carry you even though you could walk. This place scared you a bit, everything here is so abandoned, destroyed or overgrown. You could hardly imagine that a few years ago everything was still a lively city.

At an intersection where a path led left, right and straight ahead, he turned left and suddenly you realized this place.

Erens home.

You suddenly got goosebumps and it felt like a cold knife was poking into your heart. Seeing this place was painful.

When he stood right in front of the house, he stopped and looked at the place without emotion.

Jaeger let you down and you stayed standing next to him and also looked at the place.
The house was completely destroyed. When the wall fell, a huge rock fell on the house and Eren's mother, Carla, was still inside. When Mikasa and Eren ran to the house, Carla's legs were trapped in the rubble and she was helpless. Eren and Mikasa tried to free her, but it was useless. They couldn't save her.

You looked sideways at Eren, but he continued to stare at the building emotionlessly.

To show him that you are there for him you took his hand. His hand was cold and he flinched a little when you took it, but then he was running his thumb over your hand gently while you squeezed his hand tightly.

"I will never let this happen again. No one deserves to experience that..."
He took in a deep breath
"Titans who eat people and destroy everything you love, nobody deserves to live in fear and sadness."

Unfortunately, what Eren said was true. The idea of ​​living in a world full of giant, man-eating creatures would be unimaginable for you. You could never sleep and you would be afraid of being eaten at any moment. That would be a horrible death and the idea of ​​a huge hand holding your body while it wants to stuff you in its mouth is disgusting.

"I agree with you. If everything goes as planned, this will never happen again. We can do it, I believe in us."
You tried to appear determined but of course it's easier said than done.