┏°⌜ 055: Walking around

Without an destination you walked through the building.
At this time there wasn't much going on, only a few soldiers patrolling and watching over the building to make sure everything was safe.

With the lantern that Onyankopon gave you, you went through the second floor. The moon wasn't shining as brightly as the last few nights as it was a bit cloudy, but you could still see it when you looked outside the windows.

While you stood by the window and you looked outside 2 soldiers came towards you in the hallway.
"Good evening. What are you doing here at this time alone?"

You turned around to look at them
"Oh I'm not really tired and needed to distract myself... or am I not allowed to be here at this time?"

When they saw who you were, they were surprised and suddenly acted a little differently
"Oh Miss L/n! Don't you have someone to accompany you? Like a bodyguard?"

"No, i wanted to be alone. Why do you ask?"
This whole thing was a bit uncomfortable for you because you don't want to cause any difficulties or trouble

"Well-" One of them laughed awkwardly "After all, we want your safety to be guaranteed. Even if some soldiers keep watch here, it would be better not to walk around here alone at this time of the day."

Honestly, you hadn't thought of that at all. You just wanted to be alone, but maybe they're right.
"Oh... I'm sorry-"

"Is there a problem here?"
Another soldier came from behind and interfered. Like all other soldiers, they wore a uniform and the 3d maneuver gear, but they wore the green cape which is otherwise only worn for outdoor operations or in the rain.
Since the cloak covered their head like a hoddie and it was dark you couldn't really see their face except that the person was tall and muscular.

"Yes, everything is fine. We only saw miss L/n walking around here alone and just wanted to accompany her back to her room for safety reasons."

"Mhm, I see."
The unknown soldier sounded like they were changing their voice a bit.
"And why are you walking around by yourself miss y/n? I am sure that you have a bodyguard who is obliged to accompany you and to protect you."

You really didn't want to make a big issue out of it
"I know I know... I just wanted to distract myself, that's all. My bodyguard, Mr Forster, was tired and i didn't want to bother him..."
This situation was really awkward for you
"Look I don't want to cause any problems. I didn't think so far that it's unwise to walk around alone in times like this it was stupid of me. I will go back to my room."

"Go back to your room? But I thought you wanted to walk around?" The unknown soldier placed their hands on their hips

Their comments caught you off guard
"Huh?"

"I will accompany you wherever you want to go and will be responsible for your safety."

You looked at them skeptically, somehow you didn't trust this person.
It's just... this 'soldier' hides their face and came out of nowhere. Very suspicious.

"Sorry but-" one of the soldiers who spoke to you first interrupted "may I ask who you are?"

The unknown soldier cleared their throat "Ah right, sorry." They took off the green cape so that their face could be seen
When you saw who that was you were speechless, you definitely didn't expect it.

"O-oh Mr. Jaeger!" The two soldiers were surprised too, their posture became a little stiffer and more tense

"You can now step away. I will take over here" Eren said this to the two with an serious tone

"Yes sir!" Both said this at the same time and continued their patrol

Even if you were very happy to see Eren, you had a bad feeling that you might get into trouble now
"I am very sorry Eren. I will-"

"-continue what I wanted to do while you accompany me. Sure, sounds great!"
He weakly smiled

Actually you wanted to say that you will to go back to your room, but apparently Eren really meant it.

"Are you sure? Aren't you busy?"
The last thing you wanted to do is to disturb and distract him from important tasks

"Mhm." He simply nodded
"I just came from my last assignment for today and I think I need some distraction as well."

Hearing him say that made you really happy. It was understandable that he had a lot to do, but everyone needs a break. Especially Eren.
"Oh great! would you like to go outside?"
Your excitement was reflected in your voice.

"Sure. Whatever you want m'lady."
He playfully bowed down a little and acted like a gentleman

You couldn't help but giggle a bit

The brunette thought for a second
"I even know where we could go. It's a quiet place not far from here outside of Shiganshina."

"Sounds great."
'Outside of Shiganshina', that's what you needed to hear.