┏°⌜ 020: Slave

You remained quiet, afterwards walking behind him torwads the Campfire.
Levi's pace slowed down unnoticeably so that you could reach his side.

Levi half-lidded:
"Are you hungry?"

You smiled a little:
"Yeah..."

"There is bread in the box, you can take something."
He pointed his finger at the box.

You nodded and smiled again:
"Alright, thank you."

You went to the box and took out half a piece of bread. Then you sat down by the campfire next to a man who was apparently reading a book. You bite off a piece of bread. It was dry, but it was better than nothing.
Meanwhile Levi sat down next to you and looked at some letters and reports.

The fire was pleasantly warm and the sound of the crackling fire relaxed you a little.

"Hello pretty woman."

You almost choked when you heard this. This voice....
You turned your head slowly in the direction of the man and your heart hammered in your chest.

Zeke Jaeger.

Zeke half-lidded:"I heard what happened to you, you poor thing

Zeke half-lidded:
"I heard what happened to you, you poor thing. Who would do such a cruel thing?"

He said this in a kinda sarcastic voice.

With wide open eyes you stared at him, suddenly everything made sense.
It was definitely Zeke, he brought you here after the party. Why didn't you think of it earlier? It's so obvious...
Well, you weren't 100% sure if Zeke was still here at all... but he is here...

You were wordless with rage, anger welled up in your chest.
However, you had to be careful because Levi sat next to you and listened. Zeke is probably also aware of this.

You tried to appear calm and inconspicuous:
"Yeah... I also wonder who would do something like that..."

As he looked into your eyes, a craze of emotion started drowning you. You tried to read his face in the attempt of finding any twitch or a hint of what he wants. After you didn't show the slightest intention to make a move or saying something, he straightened his glasses and let out a quiet sigh.
"Have you tried the wine yet? It's really delicious." He said with an unblinking focused eye contact and a serious expression.

Shit, the wine... asshole. You completely forgot about that. Zeke's spinal fluid is in the wine. He just has to scream out loud and everyone who drank this wine would turn into a Titan. This bastard probably wants to remind you indirectly of it because he knows that you know what's in the wine. He wants to make it clear to you that he is in control.

You give him a sharp look.
"No... thank you."

Zeke stared at you for a long moment, then turned his attention to his book. "You remind me of someone. I feel like I've dreamed of you once."