┏°⌜ 084: Freedom

It was time.
Many people gathered in front of the castle to hear the King's speech. The atmosphere was tense, filled with anticipation and uncertainty. As you glanced at the faces around you, you saw a mix of fear, hope, and determination. The time for change had come.

The air buzzed with a sense of urgency, and the whispers of the crowd mingled together, creating a low hum that echoed through the vast courtyard. The once mighty castle, a symbol of the monarchy's power, now seemed smaller, almost insignificant, compared to the weight of the moment.

You shifted your weight from one foot to another, unable to contain your own anticipation, but also slightly scared that you miss something. Something stirred within you, a desire to finally change something, the reason why you are here after all. But what exactly should you do? Perhaps this answer optionally come by itself.
Nevertheless, this uncertainty makes you insecure and nervous.
What should you, as a slave in this world and time, do to be able to change the future?
It's like reading a book without being able to read the writing. As if you would get on a train without knowing it's destination.

A silence fell over the crowd as a herald stepped onto the balcony, signaling the imminent arrival of the King. The expectant faces turned towards the grand entrance of the castle, waiting for the monarch to make his appearance. Moments later, the imposing figure of the King emerged, accompanied by his loyal entourage.

A hush fell over the crowd as the King approached the balcony, his gaze sweeping across the sea of faces before him. His voice, though strong, carried a hint of unease as he began to speak.

"My loyal subjects..."
his voice boomed
"I, King Fritz, want first of all thank you all for working so hard.
We Eldia have grown over the past few months and years, becoming a large and strong force. Even Marley can't keep up with us."

As the King continued to speak, you couldn't help but feel the growing impatience inside you.
To be honest, you didn't pay any attention to the king, but rather to Ymir who was standing next to him.
You hoped to see answers in her eyes, but in vain.

You started looking around again, looking at the crowd around you. Everyone was fixated on the King's speech.
But then, in the middle of the crowd, you could see a certain person. It was your 'father'.
His facial expression looked strange, like he was having an inner conflict.
You thought about what he said last night, his promise to make sure Ymir and you would be safe.

While looking at your father in the middle of the crowd, something just felt strange.
The way the expression of your father looked, this place, the King's speech,
the way this whole situation felt right now...
For some reason this moment seemed so familiar... just like in the anime.
This only means...
Then the realization hit you like a lightning.

Starting to panick you pushed your way through the crowd to Ymir.
"YMIR!"
You screamed her name, making the people around you looking at you in confusion.

The soldiers tried to stop you while you ran to her, but then they saw your father aiming a spear at the king.

As you reached Ymir, you grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the stage, knowing that she would stand up to the king like a shield, just like she did in the Attack on Titan Story.

"Libertas?? what-"

Your father threw the spear and was killed by the soldiers seconds after. It was too late for the soldiers tho, for the spear pierced the King. His body fell to the ground, blood ran down the stairs in a rivulet of crimson. The crowd erupted into chaos, screams of shock and terror filling the air.

Ymir stared at the lifeless body of King Fritz before turning her attention to you, her eyes filled with confusion, shock and terror.
"W-what just happened?"
The blonde asked, her voice trembling.