┏°⌜ 011: tree house

No idea where Eren was going. He's so quiet and doesn't even look at you...
Is he mad at you? Or did you say something wrong?
Somehow he's scary, even though he is neither saying nor doing anything at the moment.
He exudes such a threatening aura...

"How are you?"
Oh Wow. That came out of nowhere.
But his voice sounded neither empathic nor interested.

"H-huh? I am fine I guess..."

The only answer from him was a dull hum.
Since he didn't say anything else you had to say something.

"And... how are you?"
You immediately regretted this question. It's an extremely standard question and doesn't exactly make the awkward silence any more pleasant.

"Same."

Ah yes. What a great conversation...
Is this the right place and moment to ask him questions about the things you were thinking about earlier?

"Hey Eren, do yo-"

"We're here."

You both stood in front of a very large tree, which was surrounded by 4 soldiers.

You could see that around the tree trunk was a white spiral staircase.
To be more precise, it looked like Eren made those stairs with his new War Hammer Titan ability.

The War Hammer Titan could produce and manipulate structures that were made of hardened Titan flesh.
In the manga, this Power was used to craft weapons, pillars, and spikes, but
obviously, this ability isn't just useful for a fight.

When the soldiers who seemed to be guarding this large tree noticed Eren, they bowed to him.

"No matter when and no matter if I'm there or not, this girl is allowed to enter this place anytime."
As Eren said that to a Soldier, he pointed his finger at you.

"Understood."

Eren nodded and went to the stairs.
What kind of place is that? And you have the permission to come here anytime?
You just followed Jaeger and were curious to see what was on the tree.
While you both went up the spiral staircase around the tree trunk, you secretly looked at his face from the side.

But you weren't sure why exactly. Either you wanted to read his expressions to see what he was feeling, or you just wanted to look at him.

"Do i have something on my face?"
Damn it. Was it that obvious that you stared at him?
How did he even notice, he looks straight ahead the whole time...

"Ah sorry! I was just... trying to read your face."
The only answer from him was a silent hum. Awkward...
Your face suddenly got so warm, hopefully you're not as red as a tomato right now.

When Eren and you finally reached the top it was a tree house in the treetop.
To be honest, it was the most beautiful and largest tree house that you had ever seen personally. The thick tree trunks were around the tree house, leaves almost completely blocked the view below.
Fortunately, the place was not illuminated with torches and fire, but with these glowing cold-white crystals.
Around the tree house was a platform, kind of like a balcony.
You couldn't see much from below because of the branches, tree trunks and leaves, but if you looked straight ahead you had a nice view of the camp, of the sea from afar and of the sky.

You were visibly very impressed and amazed at how beautiful this place is.
And what made it even more beautiful was the starry sky, since it was already dark. You had never seen such a beautiful starry sky before.

Meanwhile you have been standing at the balcony railing for 3 minutes.
You didn't even notice that Eren was now standing next to you.
Nobody said anything. You could only hear the wind and the rustling of leaves, the sea and the camp.