┏°⌜ 035: Decision

"Hanji! Is everything okay???"
Connie was totally confused and didn't know what her reaction meant. Was Hanji happy? disturbed? confused? shocked? excited?

He ran to her, grabbed her shoulders and shaked her while she was still deep in her thoughts, staring up at the sky with wide eyes, red cheeks and while drool came out of her mouth.

Connie was scared, what is going on with her?
"Hanji! Talk to me! What did you-"

"Connie! This world... I was only there for a few seconds or a minute idontknow- but this other world is much more advanced! It actually exist! It's real!"
She screamed with full conviction and was visibly excited. Her breathing got faster and faster, you could think she was going to have a heart attack at any moment.

Jean walked up to Hanji and Connie, he now held down the gun he was aiming at Eren the whole time.
"Wait wait wait, so it's true? This... other world really exist?"
Jean sounded excited and skeptical at the same time.

"Yes Jean, it's real. Like Hanji said, it's much more advanced and the culture is different. We can learn a lot more from this world."
Armin held his hand on Jean's right shoulder with a determined expression.

Hanji calmed down, but Connie's grip on her shoulders was still tight.
"I am fine Connie, sorry."
She let out a quiet embarrassed sigh before looking at Eren again
"So Eren, we- wait are you okay?"

Everyone looked at Eren with a surprised look. You are now confused and started to worry. You still couldn't see Eren's face because you were still standing 5 meters behind him. What was going on?

"Eren, your nose is bleeding..."
Mikasa sounded worried

But the brunette just casually wiped the blood away with his thumb
"I'm fine. It's probably because I've been using this ability too much lately."

After he said this you had to think about what Eren said to you at the lake last night:
'Even if we should make it, i don't have many years left to live, y/n.'

Just the thought of it gives you an uncomfortable feeling in your stomach. You tried to relax and ignore these thoughts, but your hands started shaking. Although it was only a nosebleed, it shows that his body weakens the more he uses this ability.

Hanji cleared her throat while adjusting her glasses
"Alright so... Eren, would you give us all a moment to talk things over?"

He simply nodded, turned around and walked towards you. As he stood right in front of you he gave you a blank look, it was hard for you to see how he was feeling at that moment.

There was still some blood between his nose and mouth, so you wiped it away with your finger.
Jaeger flinched a little when you reached out your hand to his face suddenly.

"There was still some blood..."
You tried not to show your worries at the moment, after all he has enough to do and probably doesn't need your sympathy, at least you don't want to annoy him with it.

"O-oh. Thanks."  He looked at the ground, not a single ounce of amusement is visible.

"The conversation went well, better than i thought!"
You tried to see the situation in a positive way and smiled, hoping this would make Eren happy, at least a little bit. But of course, there was no smile or happiness recognizable.

He nodded monotonously
"Mhm. Hopefully they will join us."

Eren turned his head a bit and looked behind him at Mikasa, Armin and the others. They stood in a circle close to each other and whispered, probably wanting to exchange opinions and discuss whether or not they will join the Jaagerists.

"Eren."
It was Floch, you didn't even noticed how he approached you two and to be honest, you weren't particularly happy to see him.
"If they don't want to join us, we'll do it as planned, right?"

Jaeger just nodded, then Floch turned around and looked at the other soldiers. The redhead raised his hand and raised his thumb, whereupon the soldiers nodded and then turned their attention back to Hanji and the others.

You just gave Eren a questioning look, the brunette immediately knew what your question will be and answered it without you having to ask the question.
"If they don't want to support us, we have to capture them."

"-Aaaaalright!"
Before you could even answer, Hanji suddenly shouted loudly.

Eren turned around and took a few steps closer to Hanji, but also kept his distance
"So, what is your decision? Will you support us or not?"

"Before we answer, we would like all the soldiers who have gathered around this area to stand behind you and leave their weapons on the ground."
Connie quickly answered.

All the soldiers looked at Eren, he just nodded and kept eye contact with Hanji and the others.
The Jaegerists obeyed the order without hesitation, leaving their weapons on the ground and standing with you behind Eren.

It was actually obvious that they would demand this. Firstly to see if they trust them and secondly to give them even a choice. If the soldiers continued to surround them with weapons, they would have had no choice and would have had to join the Jaegerists whether they wanted to or not.

"Okay great, you actually accept our demands."
The Commander cleared her throat and continued
"Well, we all decided to support the plan to bring all eldia to this other world, and thus join the Jaegerists. BUT we have three conditions."

Eren crossed his arms
"And what are these conditions?"
He pronounced the word 'conditions' with a deeper voice

Armin stepped forward
"One: no secrets. You will inform us about everything. Two: we will not be treated like prisoners. Three: you will inform everyone on this island about the plan and will release all those you currently hold captive. These are our demands."

Jaeger let out a quiet sigh after thinking for a second
"Fine, I agree with the conditions as I had already considered these three things anyway."