┏°⌜ 057: the tree

"We are here."
Eren suddenly stopped walking

It was a tree that was a bit bigger than the trees in the area.
However, there wasn't really anything special to see, just the tree and some purple-blue flowers.

The brunette walked to the tree and sat right in front of it, leaning his back directly against the tree trunk
"Maybe you recognize the place."

Recognize?
It confused you a bit and you took a closer look at this place.
After analyzing it carefully and seeing Eren sitting under that tree you suddenly remembered.

The story of Attack on Titan began under this tree. There, as a child, Eren woke up after a dream and cried. This is also the tree where Eren's grave will be.

Eren's grave...
Suddenly such an uncomfortable feeling flowed through your body.

"What's wrong?"
Jaeger noticed your sudden mood change

"Nothing!" You shook your head and came closer to him
"Here you spent a lot of time with Mikasa and Armin as a kid, right?"

He leaned his head against the tree trunk, raised his arms and placed them behind his head using his hand as a pillow
"Mhm. Here we had our peace from our parents and Hannes. It may be a boring place, but when i think of home i have to think of this place first."

As you listened to him carefully, you sat down next to him and also leaned against the tree trunk. The grass between your fingers and the sound of the rustling leaves felt almost nostalgic.
"I guess everyone has a place where they feel most at peace. This place is for you as for me the park where we met for the first time. I often sat down there after work or when I was feeling sad by the fountain. You feel free, no responsibility, no tasks, no worries."

Eren chuckled quietly in a deep voice and smiled weakly
"I remember this place. I already told you that I dream of you there. You always sit on this fountain. It makes sense. Is there a particular reason why you're always sitting there?"

You thought for a second and kinda started to miss this place
"I sometimes look into the water and can see myself in it. I don't know why, but looking into the water makes me feel... different?
Every time i see my reflection in that very fountain i have a feeling like i'm looking at someone with wasted potential, like i can do more with my life. Like I have to change something.
When I think like that I'm starting to reflect my life and think about myself. This is how i forget the stress from work."

"Mh, I see. But... Change something?" The brunette gave you a questioning look "What would you like to change in your life?"

"I can't answer that exactly. I've always had a feeling that something is missing in my life, although I can't really complain. I have a great job, friends and i love my family."
You leaned your head against the tree trunk and looked up at the treetop and the sky
"Actually, I've always wanted to start my own family someday. Who knows, maybe that's it... or..."
Suddenly you had to think of Ymir.
When you thought about her you felt so many emotions at the same time. Sadness, fear, joy, security. It was a strange but warm feeling.

"A family huh? Do you have someone you can imagine starting a family with?"
He sounded serious

His question caught you off guard
"I uh... I don't know..."

"You don't know?" He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow
"C'mon, haven't you ever at least fallen in love with someone? There must be someone."

You started to blush and laugh awkwardly
"Well uh... of course."

The brunette leaned a little closer to you and smirked
"I'm listening."
He really wanted to know more about this

Your heart was beating faster and you started to sweat. Of course you were thinking of him in some way, but you knew that you could never have a future with him. You don't even know if he feels the exact same way. You have so much on your mind and don't have time right now to think about love.

Eren noticed how uncomfortable you felt and didn't know how to answer.
"You know..."
He laid his head on your thighs and looked into your eyes, you flinched as he did so and your heart started to beat even faster
"Even though I would actually like to start a family someday too, I don't have the time to do so as I only have 4 years left. I think bringing a child into this world would not be a good idea anyway."
He tried to sound unaffected and like he didn't care, but you could hear sadness in his voice.

You looked down at him and gave him a faint smile, gently brushing a strand of hair that lay over his right eye aside
"You would definitely be a cool dad."

At your touch he twitched and his cheeks flushed, his eyes widened and his lips parted slightly. Your comment made him smile weakly and he closed his eyes slowly.

His head was warm against your thighs, it was very comfortable in fact.
His posture seemed relaxed and his breathing was slow, seeing him like this calmed you down.

You gently stroked his head with your left hand, feeling his hair between your fingers. When you did that he let out a pleasant hum and smiled even more, his reaction gave you butterflies in your stomach.

"I wish we could stay like this forever."
He said in a sleepy voice, his eyes still closed. The brunette visibly enjoyed it.

You softly giggled
"When we are in my world we can do this every day."

"That's worth fighting for."
His voice was barely audible, as if he was about to fall asleep any second.

You totally agreed with him. You wanted to stay here with him in this position forever and never get up again.

The moment you looked up at the sky you could see a shooting star. They say if you see a shooting star you should make a wish and it will come true.
Even if you know it's not true, you still closed your eyes and made a wish in your mind:

I wish that Eren can live a long life.

A warm little tear rolled down your right cheek at that moment.

Dream ꕥ Eren J.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara