┏°⌜ 075: The Truth

Lying in bed you stared blankly at the ceiling, loosing tears from time to time.
Eren's words played in your head, they hurt.

"Y/n?"

"HUH?"

You lifted your upper body and looked in the direction where the voice came from

It was Hitch and Louise standing at the open door.
You hadn't even noticed how someone came into your room.

"Are you okay? Why... are you crying?"
Hitch asked calmy, looking at you with concern in her eyes.

Louise also looked at you, her expression softening as she saw your tears.

You didn't know how to respond. You just didn't want to tell them the reason for your tears.

"I'm fine." you lied, wiping away your tears.

Hitch knew that was a lie, but she didn't push further.

"O-okay... well, we just wanted to check on you. If you need anything, just let us know..." Louise said, giving you a small smile before the two of them left the room.

You lay back down and stared at the ceiling once again. The silence was suffocating, and your thoughts were overwhelming.

Maybe things weren't completely okay, but at least you had someone to lean on.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

*Knock*
    *Knock*

Someone opened the door without waiting for an answer, it was Eren.
Without saying anything he stood at the door and looked at you with an emotionless cold look.

Well, he didn't have to say anything. You knew why he's here and what it's about.

Zeke.

You felt a pang in your chest as Eren's cold gaze landed on you. But you couldn't let your feelings get in the way- not again.

You got up from your bed and followed Eren. The two of you walked in silence, the tension between you palpable.

As you walked, you couldn't help but wonder what Eren was thinking. Did he still hold a grudge against you? Or was he truly over what had happened between you two?

You pushed those thoughts aside, knowing that you needed to focus on the situation right now.

Walking down the stairs, as Zeke was  in the basement, it started to get cold.
As you two finally reached the bottom of the stairs, you could see how dirty it was down here.
Dust. Rats. Dark.

The sight of the dirty basement caught you off guard, and you had to hold back a cough from the dust swirling around in the air. The rats scurrying along the walls and floor only added to the unpleasant atmosphere.
It's not like you expect a 5 star hotel down here, but this is just disgusting.

Here in the basement were some cells where, among other things, Yelena was imprisoned. As you walked past her cage with Eren, she looked at you briefly with a serious look in her eyes before turning away.

You and Eren continued down the corridor until you reached a locked door.

"Greetings."
Hanji smiled

"Hm."
Levi just let out an quiet noise

The two stood in front of the door and waited for you and Eren.
Jaeger just nodded, grabbing a set of keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door.

Inside was Zeke sitting on a metal chair and tied with chains. The room was dark, and only a small flicker of light from a single latern hanging from the ceiling illuminated the space. The air was thick with the smell of dampness and mildew, and the walls were echoed with the sound of dripping water.