┏°⌜ 039: The symbol of freedom

Floch was sitting across from you and had already finished his breakfast, but you took your time.
The redhead was impatiently watching you closely, but you paid no attention to him and tried to enjoy your meal.

He rested his chin on his palm and crossed his legs, looking at you annoyed intensely while he tapped his fingers on the table, this sound annoyed you even more.

You squinted your eyes and let out an harsh breath
"Stop staring."

"Eat faster."
His brows snapped together

You put the cutlery next to your plate and crossed your arms
"Alright that's enough. Obviously you don't like me for some reason, but why do you want to have breakfast with me then? Why did you even knock on my do-"

"LISTEN, if you think I want to spend time with you and I'm sitting here voluntarily then you're wrong. " Floch says, letting a loud sigh escape his lips "I'm still assigned to watch over you when Eren is busy. I'm your babysitter, remember?"

You wince at the face Floch makes.
"Oooh right... but why are you in such a hurry?"
Although you haven't finished eating yet, you've lost your appetite.

He simply ignored your question and stood up
"Are you finally done eating? We still have a lot to do today."

"Yeah, but wh-"

"Finally, let's go y/n!"

Before you could ask him what's on today, he walked to the exit of the canteen without waiting for you

You just shook your head annoyed and followed him, knowing that you shouldn't ask him any more questions as it would just end up in a drama or discussion anyway.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"We are here."
After 5 minutes of walking through the whole building with Floch, he stopped in front of a large wooden door

"Uhh... what kind of room is this? Why are we here?"
Your hand goes to your hip as you gave Floch an confused look

He placed his hand on the door handle.
"They will explain that to you."
Forster pushed the door handle down and the door opened.

Now you looked at him even more confused
"What do y-"

When the door was now completely open you looked into the room and could see Commander Hanji, Armin, Eren, Mikasa, Jean, Connie and 7 other soldiers inside.

Hanji looked at you with a big grin
"Ahhhh finally! Good morning Y/n!"
She came towards you, took your hand and pulled you into the room.
"Take a seat!"

As she literally tugged at your arm, you tried to silence the questions in your head as you had to focus on not tripping over your own feet

"Good uh- morning?"

Hanji more or less pushed you into the chair and you almost fell over. It is obvious that she's excited and nervous at the same time.

The room was huge,
It is set up almost like a cinema or like a huge university lecture hall. There where many tables, chairs, a chalkboard and huge windows- and you sat right where the teacher would otherwise sit - right in front of everyone else.
Everyone stood right in front of you with an kinda serious expression.

This serious atmosphere made you even more nervous. You could compare it to a situation from your childhood when your parents called you out when you did something stupid. You sit in front of them and they look at you seriously. Very uncomfortable.