┏°⌜ 062: Library

After you changed your clothes and had breakfast in Eren's room, you wanted to get out. Eren said Floch should accompany you, the only question is where he should be. Finding him will probably take a while.

"Look who decided to finally wake up. Did the princess had a restful night?"

Speaking of the devil.
You just opened the door to go out of Eren's room and Floch was sitting on a chair right next to the door with a book in his hand.

Judging by his facial expression and choice of words, he probably wants to annoy you. It's best to just ignore it, you really don't need something like that right now. Not today.

"Good morning Floch, glad to see you!"
You fake smiled.

"..."
Forster raised a brow
"Yeah. Sure. It's about 8 am now, you don't have any appointments until  11am. What do you want to do?"

"Hmmm..."
You had to think for a moment
"Oh! There's a library here, right?"

"Yeah."
Floch monotonously replied

"Could you show me where it is?"

"I guess I don't have a choice. Follow me."
Forster started walking towards the stairs quickly, you just followed him.

While walking through the building you noticed that this place was a lot busier today and the hallways were full of soldiers and other people, but that's no surprise.
Today is an important day after all.

Out of nowhere someone called your name from afar.

"Hm?"
You turned around to see who it was
To your surprise, it was Mikasa.

"Please excuse my sudden appearance. I have been assigned to take care of your safety for today."
She sounded like always- emotionless and serious.

"Oh, is that s-"

"Is that so?"
Floch interrupted you, crossing his arms while looking kinda pissed at the raven-haired woman.

"Posive."
She remained unfazed
"As you know, today is the ceremony and therefore higher security measures are required."

"One Bodyguard is enough."
He gave her a sharp look. What's his problem?

Mikasa just let out a annoyed sigh
"Listen. Firstly, this was commissioned by Eren and secondly, should the charttitan and/or jawtitan attack y/n, for example, then you will hardly be able to protect her."

"Excuse me? I'm better at fighting than you think and quite capable of protecting y/n."

"I don't care what you want or think. Orders are Orders."
If looks could kill, Floch would be dead now. She was so cold, but also cool kinda.

In your opinion, it didn't bother you that Mikasa was there. She is one of the strongest soldiers here and so you would feel safer. It might also help you get to know her better.

Floch let out an annoyed sigh
"Fine."

You just smiled at her
"Thank you for your hard work, Mikasa. I hope we will get along well!"

Suddenly she started to bow down a little.
"You don't need to thank me, Symbol of freedom."

"N-no please don't be so formal! Just call me Y/n, alright?"
To be treated like this is unusual and somehow uncomfortable.

"Understood."
She quickly responded in an serious tone.
Damn, she is kinda like an Robot. Scary.

"Great... now, we wanted to go to the library!"
You sounded like a happy child