┏°⌜ 073: Forget

"Oh damn-"
Eren cursed to himself, holding his hand in front of his nose

"Hm?"
You looked at him, raising an eyebrow
"Are you okay?" you asked, noticing the blood on his hand.

"Yeah, just a nosebleed." Eren replied quietly, trying to wipe it away with his sleeve.
That's probably because he's been in his titan form for so long now.
It wouldn't be the first time he'd had his nose bleed after overusing his titan powers.

"Y/n!"

Someone shouted your name from afar.
When you looked in the direction of who was calling your name, you could see Mikasa running towards you.

As soon as you saw Mikasa, you started sprinting towards her, your legs working like pistons as you closed the distance between you.

"Y/n!"
She shouted your name again, hugging you when she finally reached you

"Mikasa!"
You also yelled her name, happy to see her

The raven-haired woman hugged you tightly, relieved to see that you were safe. "I was so worried about you!" she said, voice filled with emotion.

You hugged her back with equal intensity. "I'm okay, Mikasa. Thanks to Eren and Levi, I made it out alive!" you said, looking over at Eren who was standing a few feet away.

Mikasa turned to Eren, her expression softening. "Thank you, Eren!" she said, voice laced with gratitude.

Eren smiled at her, but a hint of sadness in his eyes. "Don't mention it. I'm just glad that Y/n is okay." he replied.

You could feel the tension in the air, and you knew that something was off. Mikasa noticed it too, and the two of you exchanged a worried look.

"Eren, is everything okay?" you asked, walking back to him with Mikasa. "You seem...different."

Jaeger hesitated for a moment, seemingly unsure of how to respond. Finally, he let out a sigh.
"I'm just a little exhausted." The brunette said, his voice quite and low. "Levi and I will take care of Zeke now."

You looked at him worried, somehow he seems so sad all of a sudden
"But-"

"Let's go home." Mikasa said, placing a hand on your shoulder.

You nodded hesitantly, looking one last time at Eren before following Mikasa. As you walked away, you couldn't help but wonder what Eren was thinking and feeling. You knew that there was more to his sadness than just the relief of seeing you safe.
Something was on his mind.

Are you the problem?
Did you say something wrong or react wrongly?
You didn't feel like you said anything wrong, but you could sense that there was something off about Eren's sudden behavior. He seemed extremely happy a moment ago, and now he looked ...  sad?
You couldn't quite put your finger on it, but you knew that he was dealing with a lot of emotions, and you didn't want to do anything to make it worse.

But has it something to do with his confession?
You wondered if maybe your reaction to Eren's confession had been wrong. You had been taken aback, surprised even, but you had quickly come to terms with the fact that you loved him too.

Shouldn't he be happy? You told him that you feel the same after all.
In fact, you still can't believe how he feels about you and you would normally be grinning like a kid full of joy the whole time, but his sudden mood swing got you worried.

What if, after telling you he loves you, he realized that it wasn't really like that? What if it was just a joke?

That would all be absurd and wired, but somehow more realistic than THE Eren Jaeger being in love with you. You are nothing extremely special in your eyes and someone like Eren should in be in love with you?