┏°⌜ 052: Armin

It was now afternoon. As agreed, you went to each group.

The reaction of all the soldiers was positive, they were glad just to see you. It was a nice feeling to give them joy just with your presence.

Armin accompanied you the whole time. He carried a clipboard, paper, and pen to write down where you've been and where you still need to go, kinda like a to-do list. In between Arlert had also made notes, he probably has to write a report to Eren.

While visiting all the groups you met all the leaders of the groups, including Jean and Mikasa. Jean was happy to see you again and wanted to continue chatting with you, but unfortunately there was no time for that.
Mikasa was neutral and thought it was good that you would show yourself to everyone. She also asked Armin how Eren was doing.

Since you spent a lot of time with Armin, you two talked a lot in between. He asked you a lot of questions about your world while you asked him questions about his life in general. Armin and you got along very well, to be honest you were glad you two got to know each other a little better.

You two were just outside and on your way to the next group while talking about Fiction-ships.

"-waaaait huh?" He looked at you with an confused look
"They ship the Captain with Eren?
Then he started laughing out loud

You had to laugh with him
"Yup!"

After he laughed he took a deep breath
"So people from your world like to create so-called ships, even if they don't make any sense?"

You simply shrugged
"Kinda. Some don't even care if the characters are minors or even siblings. It even gets worse when it comes to sex and porn with some fictional characters. Rule 34: If it exists, there is porn it."

"Jeez... some people seem to be very... creative? I'm just pretending I didn't hear that uh... rule 34.
But... does that mean that people also ship me with someone?"
The blonde sounded a little nervous. Probably because he's afraid of what your answer would be.

"Uhhh yeah-"
You started to smile like a madman "They mostly ship you with Annie. But that should be understandable tho, right?"

He looked at you with wide eyes and red cheeks for a few seconds and then looked at his paper like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Probably to distract himself and avoid eye contact.

A wide grin spread across your face
"I take your silence as an affirmation."

He just cleared his throat, his cheeks were still red and it looked like he had started to sweat a bit
"AAAALRIGHT, only Connie's unit and my unit remain!"

You thought his reaction was kinda adorable, but you should now concentrate more on your duty
"Yeah yeah~."

Suddenly Armin smirked
"Oh and by the way-"

"Hm?"

He continued
"I ship you with Eren. But that should be understandable tho, right?"

Your jaw dropped and started blushing too. You wanted to say something at first, but didn't know what to say exactly or how you should think about it in general. Armin's sentence just caught you off guard.

"I take your silence as an affirmation."
He seemed satisfied and proud at the same time while the blonde analyzes your facial expressions to understand and see your feelings and thoughts at the moment.

No matter what you would say now, your body language actually already gives him an answer.

When it comes to Eren you are bad at suppressing your feelings.
Even if your head can't say the answer exactly, your heart knows exactly what you like.
You either don't want to or just can't accept how you feel. What's still on your mind is the fact that because of Ymir's curse, Eren only has 4 years to live, no matter how the war ends and no matter what you do.

Apart from the fact that it's an obviously sad topic, you generally don't know how to deal with it.
Most of the time you try to ignore this fact, but that is obviously not always possible. Especially when you think about your feelings about Eren - if you talk about love then you think about getting old with this person and spend the rest of your life with them, but that is exactly the problem here.

Trying to forget or ignore the curse doesn't solve the problem. At this point you feel so helpless.

They say hope is the last thing to die, but that's what gets you down. This false hope, which in the end tries pointlessly to convince you that the problem can be solved, hurts.

Hope. That's exactly what you're supposed to give to people. Is it really the right thing to do?

"Hey y/n?"

"HUH?"
You were so lost in your thoughts. Armin's voice brought you back to reality

Alert looked at you with a slightly worried look
"Are you ready?"

"I am."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Armin and you stood right in front of the stage for tomorrow.
After all, Connie's unit was responsible for building it

"Ayyy!"

Someone called from afar, but you two couldn't see the person immediately and looked around to see where the voice was coming from.

"Up here!"

You both looked up more closely.

It was Connie. He was at the top of the stage with some other people- that was about 15 or 20 meters high. It looked like they were taking care of the lighting.

"Hey Connie!"
Armin waved and had to raise his voice so Springer could hear him
"Do you have a second?!"

"Yea I'm coming down!"
Since he was wearing his 3d maneuver gear, he attached the grippers to a pole and jumped down safely

"Hey Connie, nice to see you!"
Armin shaked his hand and smiled

"Sup bro!"
He smiled back and returned the gestures.
Then his attention turned to you
"Greetings Y/n! Unfortunately we didn't have much time to get to know each other, but we introduced ourselves already."
Connie held his hand towards you with an warm smile

You took his hand and shook it kindly
"That's true. I hope we're not disturbing you right now."

"Nah, I always have time for friends. What brings me the honor that you two visit us?"

"I'm here to see you all and thank everyone for their good work."
Your face reflected pure joy

"Ah I see."
Springer turned around and raised his voice
"AYO GUYS! We have a special guest!"

Everyone gathered around you three. You could tell they were already happy and excited to see you.

You took a deep breath and tried to think of what to say
"Hello everyone!
Sorry for disturbing you all at work. The last few days have not been easy and a lot has happened.
Nevertheless you all work so hard and diligently and that is not to be taken for granted. Many thanks for your great work, we absolutely need people like you all so that everything works well. Without you none of this would be possible."
You looked at the stage and took a closer look at everything
"What all of you have done so far is amazing. The stage looks incredible and even with lightning and some... technology...?"

"Oh yeah!" Connie proudly crossed his arms "We still have some stuff from Marley and some inspiration from your world. Of course everything is not as modern as in your world, but lighting and sound should work perfectly."

You smiled
"That's is amazing! I can't thank you all enough!"

Everyone was obviously pleased with your words. they then thanked you for your visit and wished you good luck for tomorrow

"See ya!"
Connie was filled with joy

"Bye!" Armin and you said this at the same time