┏°⌜ 051: Thank you

It was now around 1 PM and your group was making very good progress. Little things were still missing, but overall your unit was almost done with everything.

Meanwhile you had taken off your dress and continued to work on your speech with Kiki, Fred and Julis.

Kiki had an idea about the ending
"How about: Together we will end the war and-"

"Nonono. " Fred interrupted her
"I think we shouldn't put the word 'war' in the foreground- especially for the ending. Maybe that scares people more."

"Excuse me?"
Kiki looked at him with an questioning expression "It's literally a war, we shouldn't downplay that. We have to be honest, open and-"

Julis just shook his head
"But that's Erens job. He is the so-called devil, Y/n is the symbol of freedom. War is the absolute opposite of freedom."

"But that doesn't change the fact that we're at war!" Kiki angrily crossed her arms

"Like I said, talking about war is Erens job!"

"Okay hey, calm down!" You wanted to avoid a fight "Kiki is right. We should deal openly with the subject 'war'. Mentioning it should be the right thing to do, but we should leave the details of this subject to Eren."

Julis exhaled loudly "Sounds fair. Alright let's conti-"

"Excuse me!" Onyankopon suddenly opened the door "Is Y/n here- ah yes!"

You gave him a questioning look as he walked towards you
"Hey Onyankopon. What's up?"

"Are you busy at the moment?"

"Uhhh well, I was working on the spe-"

"We'll be fine Y/n." Fred added and smiled.

You gave the three a worried look. After all, you didn't want to let them down and let them do all the work
"Are you sure?"

"Don't worry about us. We're almost done with everything!"

Hanji intervened and gave a thumbs up

You nodded to them and then turned to Onyankopon
"Okay, let's go."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Sooooo, what is it about Onyankopon?"

You two walked down the hallway. Since you didn't know where to go you just followed him.

"Unfortunately, I don't know anything more specific, I only know that someone wants to meet to you or something like that... and that I should accompany you to the meeting point."
He awkwardly smiled as he can't really give you a proper answer

You shrugged
"Oh okay? Mh... I wonder who it is..."

"Definitely someone important. Eren gave me the order, but he couldn't give me any precise information because he was very busy."

Eren... you wondered when you could see him again. Even if you only saw him last night, you already missed him
"Eren huh? I can imagine that he's busy."

"Yeah." He noticed that you sounded a little sad and looked at you a little worried

As you walked down the stairs you took a closer look at Onyankopon. Suddenly you remembered something.

"Hey uh... can I ask you something?"

"Sure, go ahead." He nodded

"So uh... where is actually Yelena? You came here with Yelena to this Island, but I haven't seen her yet."

"Well..." He hesitated and exhaled in frustration "As you know, Yelena was very committed to Zeke's ideology. So when it came out that Zeke was missing, she was gone too. No one has heard or seen anything from her..."

"O-oh..." Since you hadn't seen her you assumed that she was in captivity, but you didn't expect that she was missing.

He massaged his neck
"It is assumed that she is probably working with Zeke. If you see her, stay away. Promise?"

You nodded " I promise!"

He looked at you satisfied and then opened a door which led to a fancy looking room with an huge O-shaped table inside.

"Ok we are there! You can sit down if you want, the person will probably be here in a moment."

You entered the room and took a closer look at it
"Thank you Onyankopon, see you later!"

"See you later Y/n. If you need anything contact me at any time!"
He smiled at you one last time before he closed the door and left you alone in the room.

This is probably a room where meetings usually take place or somethinglike that.

Around the huge table were wooden chairs, the seats upholstered in red fabric and decorated with golden patterns.

You sat down and waited for the person. But who? It's not Eren, after all he ordered it and he would have come in person if he wanted something from you.
Who knows, maybe Jean again?

Waiting made you nervous as more and more questions swirled in your head. Who are you waiting for and what is it supposed to be about?

You leaned your arm on the table, impatiently playing with the white tablecloth with your fingers.
You've only been here for around
2 minutes, but it feels like you've been waiting for ages.

Suddenly someone pushed down the door handle to open the door.
Without hesitation you straightened up like a stick and looked at the door to see who was coming in.

They opened the door slowly.

"I am sorry that you had to wait!"

"A-armin!"
You didn't expect Armin, but seeing him calmed you down a bit
"It's okay!"

"It's nice to see you Y/n! Unfortunately we didn't have the chance to get to know each other better, but these are difficult times at the moment.
I'm glad we finally have some time for it!" He smiled while he closed the door behind him.

Armin is generally a very positive person. His friendly aura is very calming and helpful, especially in times like this. Even in bad situations he is sometimes able to smile.

"I totally agree with you, but... is that why we're here?"
Even though you were happy to see Armin, getting to know him better may not be the only reason Eren ordered this meeting

"Hehe no, that's not the only reason."
Armin came a little closer
"As you know, all Units have been divided into groups. Since you are our Symbol of freedom now, it would be appropriate to show yourself to every group. After all, tomorrow is a big day for all of us and saying thanks to everyone boosts morale and hope, especially when it comes from you."

"Oh! I understand."
You had to start smiling a little. Knowing that you have such an influence and that you could make people happy with only something like that made you happy as well
"Everyone works so hard, saying thanks for their good work is the least I should do."

Armin nodded determinedly
"Absolutely! Oh before we start, do you have anything else planned or something? "

"Nope. My group is almost finished and they said they would be fine."

"Okay, i'm glad. After all, this was relatively spontaneous and Eren said I should rather ask first!" Arlert let out an quiet giggle
"Now that that's settled, we can start!"