┏°⌜ 043: Hiding

You followed Jean into an office-like room and sat down with him.

"So uh, what do you want?" You looked at him with an questioning expression

"As you know, Mikasa and I are responsible for finding the Cart titan and the Jaw titan. I thought I could ask you something since you had read the manga."

You nodded
"Sure, I hope I can help. What do you want to ask me?"

He continued
"Did the two reveal a hiding place or anything in the manga about their plan?"

You thought carefully for a moment
"Mh.. The manga never showed anything about a secret stash or anything like that. However, the manga doesn't tie in with the current story anymore, so I doubt I can help you there in any way. Unfortunately I don't know more than what you already know about it. I am very sorry."

He let out a frustrating sigh while massaging his neck
"I already expected this answer. If you knew something about it you or Eren would have told us about it a long time ago, but I just wanted to be sure. Thank you for your time tho."

"Was that it?"

"Yeah" He giggled softly "I told you it wouldn't take long sooo..."

"Alright alright. I will go back now."

Kirstein cleared his throat
"Of course."

You both stood up again and he held the door open for you. After he closed the door, he wanted to go in the same direction as you to bring you back again

"Oh don't worry I know the way, you better get back to your group!"
You smiled

"Ah uhm okay, see you later and take care y/n." He smiled, turned his back on you and was about to leave

"You too. See you later!"

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

You were on your way back. You just had to walk down the hallway and turn left and the room where your group is is already there.

While walking down the hallway you looked outside the windows and watched the sunset. The sky was colored red orange and the bright sun slowly disappeared behind the wall.
You would love to go out and enjoy the nice weather, but you still have a lot of work to do.

Just as you were about to turn left, you saw Eren standing in front of your group's door. Without hesitation you hid behind the wall and hoped he hadn't seen you.

You still had Hitch's makeup on and you didn't want Eren to see you like that. Well, more precisely you wanted to surprise him with your look when everything is finished.
You could hear him knocking on the door and a short time later someone opened it.

"Eren? I told you that you can only see y/n when the outfit and styling is completely finished!"
It was Hitch, she sounded a little angry.

"Uhhh... no you didn't?"
He was confused

"Well, it's obvious!"
She let out an annoyed sigh
"It's like a wedding, the groom is not allowed to see the bride in her dress before the wedding ceremony! Men... you're lucky she's not here right now."

Wedding? You suddenly had to imagine what Eren would look like in a suit- okay stop you need to focus!

"She is not here?" There was a small silent pause "Where is she?"

"Hehe, she left with her crush! But she will be back anytime soon so go aw-"

"Her... crush?"
He pronounced the word crush hesitantly and quietly

You still stood tensely behind the wall and your hands clenched into fists. Should you just walk to the door and act like you haven't heard anything? Or would that be too obvious?

"Duh! I mean Jean. Shall I leave her a massage?"

You really wanted to slap Hitch now and shut her mouth.

He was silent for a moment again.
"Tell her... to meet me at 9pm on the balcony area." His voice sounded kinda threatening, it's scary.

"Alright. Now go before you ruin everything!"
Without letting him say anything else she shuts the door.

Right after that you could hear a frustrating sigh escaping his lips. He said he was jealous of Jean, was that really true? Maybe you can ask him that later, but when Hitch said you were with Jean you could hear his mood going down by the sound of his voice and reaction.

"Hey-"

Without you noticing it beforehand, someone was standing behind you. Before you even realized who it was you turned around and put your hand quickly in front of their mouth

It was Louise.

With your hand still on her lips, you held your index finger in front of your mouth to signal her to be quiet.
When she nodded with an confused expression you removed your hand.

Suddenly you heard footsteps coming closer. After thinking for a second what to do now you took Louise's wrist and pulled her behind the long red curtains with you.
She had absolutely no idea what was going on but remained calm and just went along with it.

The footsteps got louder and louder, it sounded like Eren was now walking past you two. After the footsteps could no longer be heard, you peeked out of a small gap in the curtains

"Okay, he is gone..."
You let out an relieved sigh and walked away from the curtains with Louise

"What was that about? Why are you hiding from Eren?" She asked while placing her hand on her hips

But you simply ignored her question
"You idiot told Hitch about what happened yesterday morning!"

"I-Iam sorry... She said earlier that you two talked about Eren and I-"

"No nooo she said that we talk about 'my crush' and guess what... she thinks it's JEAN!"

"Wait..." She just realized what that means "ohhhhhh shhhhiiiit.... she now thinks you cuddled with Kirstein?"

"She was just telling Eren that I was out with 'my crush' Jean! Now Eren probably also thinks that Jean is my crush! He wants to see me at 9pm..."

She lifted an eyebrow
"Well we can just actually tell Hitch that Eren was the one you cuddled with and that he is actually your cru-"

"No! Eren is not my- god just say no more to anyone else!"

"But ... you can just tell Hitch it's a misunderstanding." She raised her voice a little

"Yeah cuz she will definitely believe me." You looked at Louise unimpressed

"Alright alright I get it... sorry. But what's so extremely bad about it when Eren thinks you're in love with Jean? It's not like you dating Jaeger... or do you-"

You opened your mouth to say something, but you were speechless and didn't know how to answer. You knew for a long time that Eren was special to you, but can you really call that love? Maybe you're only attracted because Eren is your favorite AOT character. It's just a fictional crush... but he is real... so that means...

"I uh..." Louise could see you questioning your feelings at the moment, so she was quiet and gave you the time you need
"I think because... I am in love with Eren?"

"Yeah that was obvious. Just don't formulate it as a question but as a sentence."
She gave you a determined smile

"I am in love with him." It was easier to say than you thought and it gave you butterflies in your stomach

"Great! Now... you said he wants to meet you at 9pm, right?"

"Y-yeah?"

"Alright."
She just smirked and went back towards the room, you silently followed her.

What is she up to? According to her expression it can't mean anything good.