┏°⌜ 028: E M A

Shiganshina, the place where it all began.
Some buildings were destroyed and some bloodstains were still visible from the day the wall was broken down. Many people died horribly that day.

Seeing this place and knowing that all of this actually happened gave you an indescribable feeling of sadness, compassion and fear.

That day Eren lost his home and his parents. What is he thinking at this moment while seeing his home like this?

You wish you could take all his burden and pain away, but unfortunately you can't do anything.

While you grew up in a healthy normal household and being free, he had to watch his mother get eaten by a titan.

Eren noticed that you felt uncomfortable at that moment, as your grip on his body tightened, your hand was a bit shacky, and you were unusually quiet.

He put his left hand on yours which was holding onto him while he was holding the reins with his right hand.

His hand was cold, but still comfortable.
You had to grin like a madman at that moment and your cheeks were red like a tomato. Your heartbeat was so loud that you were even afraid that Eren would hear it.

Suddenly 3 soldiers flew over over your head with the 3d maneuver gear. They quickly landed on a roof of a small house about 20 meters in front of Eren and you. One of the soldiers was holding a small device that looked like a small gun and was pointing it up. Green smoke came out of the device when he fired.

It looked familiar to you.
The Survey Corps used this for long distance communication on expeditions outside the walls.

Every color had a meaning:
Red: Titan spotted
Black: Abnormal Titan spotted
Yellow: Mission Terminated
Purple: Emergency
Blue: Retreat
Green: change Direction

Every color had a meaning:Red: Titan spotted Black: Abnormal Titan spottedYellow: Mission Terminated Purple: Emergency Blue: Retreat Green: change Direction

Change direction?
But you noticed that Eren didn't change direction and rode straight towards Wall Maria, probably to leave Shiganshina.

The other soldiers riding behind you two continued to follow Eren straight ahead and nobody said anything against it.

Did you mix something up? Actually, you were sure that you remembered the smoke signals well...

"Hey Eren, uhm... green means 'change direction'... right?"
You were a little confused

"In the Survey Corps, green means change of direction, yes. However, we have changed the meaning of the colors for security reasons."

By 'security reasons' he probably means that only Jaegerists members should know what these signals mean.

You nodded
"Mhm, i understand. And uh... what does the green smoke signal mean?"

"No enemies are around."
He simply responded