┏°⌜ 040: Work

All the Jeagerists gathered outside in front of the building. As mentioned before, a ceremony should take place in two days and the construction of a big stage had already started. Eren stood on the stage.
You, Hanji, Armin and the others stood behind Eren on the stage.

Eren raised his voice:
"Thank you for gathering here at short notice. As word has already got around, a ceremony will take place in two days. We'll make our plan public there, but I'll share more about that later. As you all know, there is a lot to do at the moment, so all units are divided into groups and assigned leaders."

It was fascinating for you how attentively they listened to Eren. No one said a single word and everyone looked at Eren with concentration. You noticed that every Jeagerist member had a number on their uniform. That must probably mean that everyone is divided into a unit or groups. However, you're pretty sure that something like this wasn't in the manga or in the anime.

Eren continued:
"Unit 1 - 15, your leaders will be Jean Kirstein and Mikasa Ackermann. Your task will be to locate the Cart Titan Pieck Finger and the Jaw Titan Porco Galliard and ensure the safety of this place"

Jean and Mikasa stood next to Eren and saluted, all of the Jeagerists saluted too.

"Unit 16 - 20 already know their task and are already in the middle of the construction work. You will take care of the construction of the stage.
However, you will also be responsible for spreading the news when and where the ceremony will take place to the citizens. Connie Springer will be your leader. "

Connie positioned himself next to Eren
"I'm counting on ya'll!"

"Unit 21-38, you will locate the beast titan Zeke and Captain Levi, however our main focus will be Zeke. Armin Arlert and I will be the leaders. Now- before I continue to divide the units I would like to introduce you to someone."

Hanji patted your shoulders gently and smiled at you. She wanted to signal you that you should go forward next to Eren.

Your cheeks turned red with nervousness and you started to sweat.
That's a lot worse than having to give a presentation in front of the whole class at school. You hesitantly nodded to Hanji and started walking straight towards Eren, each step closer making you more nervous and scared.

Now that you were standing next to the brunette everyone was looking at you, you were trying not to seem nervous

Eren continued:
"This is y/n l/n. Some already know her, all have heard of her. She is the person who comes from another world, but you already know these details. She is our symbol of freedom, a glimmer of hope for the citizens of this island and for us."

He explained to everyone more details about his abilities, about your world, about you and other formalities.
When Jaeger was done, he looked at you from the side. That should probably be a sign that you should say something too.

"I uh..." sweat started to drip down your forehead "Nice to meet you all! As Eren said before my name is y/n l/n and i want to thank you in advance for your hard work! I hope that we will all get along well, if you have any questions you can always contact me!"

Immediately after you said that you regretted your choice of words and questioned them in your head. It sounded like you were introducing yourself to children, but you couldn't think of anything better spontaneously.

Oh god, what is good? Should you have said something else? Nobody told you that you have to introduce yourself in front of the crowd... actually you could have guessed it- now you feel stupid.

You looked at Eren nervously from the side, he probably shakes his head and is ashamed.

"Well done." He whispered with a weak smile "Don't be scared."

It was a great relief for you, apparently it wasn't that bad after all.
You took a deep breath and kept trying not to make your nervousness obvious.

The brunette cleared his throat and continued:
"Hanji Zoe and unit 39 will prepare y/n for the ceremony."

Furthermore, Eren assigned the remaining units for communication purpose between the units - kinda like 'carrier pigeons', guarding the Jeagerist buildings and transportation of weapons, food and belongings.

After Eren finally finished dividing up the units he saluted, all other Jagerists saluted as well
"Please work as hard as you can! The life of several people and your life depends on it. We have to do our best to give the Eldia a future without bloodshed!"

"Yes sir!"
Everyone started to cheer and seemed serious and motivated at the same time. Without hesitation, the groups got together and all the leaders went to the groups.
Only Eren and you were still on the stage watching the crowd gather.

"Are you okay?"
He asked, soothing his jacket in order to avoid looking messy

The question surprised you a bit, but you were glad he asked and cared
"I think so. I just can't get this the symbol of freedom thing out of my head, I'm afraid I'll screw it up. What if the citizens of this island don't accept the plan? What if i don't become the symbol of freedom as you all imagine it to be? What if I-"

Eren grabbed both of your shoulders and pulles you towards him so your body is parallel to his, only leaving a few inches of space between you two.
"I understand your concerns, but I want you to know one thing. I- we believe in you y/n. We didn't make you a symbol of freedom, you ARE one.
I knew from the moment I dreamed of you that you were special. I -"

"Eren hurry up! Here are a couple of people who have questions!"
Connie suddenly called

Jaeger sighed in frustration and bowed his head for a moment "yeaaahhhh yeah I'm coming!"

He let go of your shoulder and walked in the direction of the stairs leading down from the stage "See you later y/n!"

"Yeah uh- see you!"
You were sad that Eren had to leave, but it's understandable that he's very busy.

His words were still playing in your head, this gave you a little more motivation and determination, however your worries are not completely gone. But you knew that now was no time for self-pity or fear, the ceremony will take place in 2 days and you still had a lot to do.

"Y/n!"
Hanji shouted from afar

"Yeah I am on my way!"