┏°⌜ 083: Past

Suddenly you felt a severe headache.
Each pulse sent waves of agony through your skull, making it feel like your brain was about to burst.
You winced in pain, struggling to focus on anything at all.
You closed your eyes, hoping to find some relief from the throbbing pain. The headache felt like a relentless vice, squeezing your temples mercilessly.

The intensity of the headache only grew, making it difficult to think clearly.
The pain even began to affect your ability to concentrate.

"Hey, wake up you little rat!"

The voice of a male made you flinch
"HUH?!"
As suddenly as the pain had started, the intensity of the headache began to wane. The excruciating throbbing gradually reduced to a dull ache, allowing fragments of clarity to return to your mind. You cautiously opened your eyes, seeing that you were sitting in a carriage and 2 soldiers sitting across from you.
What is going on?

"Tsk...Slaves like you should be glad to have such an honor to be present at the King's speech tomorrow, and you ungrateful brat dare to fall asleep? You are lucky to be Ymir's sister..."
The Soilder just crossed his arms, sounding disgusted

You had to swallow, his words made you angry and confused. First you had to understand the situation you were in, so you shouldn't say or do rash things
"Y-yeah, I'm sorry sir..."

"Hmpf..."
The other soldiers just shaked his head, looking out of the wooden little window of the carriage

So, the King's speech is tomorrow...?
You- or rather Libertas, was invited?
The most important thing was to gather as much information as possible without looking weird or suspicious.
In your hand was a letter that was already open, perhaps it will give you some answers. You unfolded the letter and looked at what was written inside

𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝐿𝑖𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑠,

𝐼 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟.
𝐼𝑛 𝑎 𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑒𝑐ℎ 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑡𝑜 𝑖𝑛𝑣𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢.
𝑇𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑒 ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑦𝑒𝑠, 𝑠𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒! 𝑂𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑒𝑐ℎ, 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑖𝑐𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑢𝑝.
𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑙𝑒, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡.
𝑇𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒, 𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢.

-𝑌𝑚𝑖𝑟

Ymir... so she invited you. That means you are currently on your way to the castle then?
But what if it's a trap? Have you - or rather Libertas - already tried to Kill the king? Maybe it's all a trick to lure you into the cell.

But then again, that would actually be stupid because they wouldn't do that secretly.
So that means, as of now, Libertas has not attempted to kill the King yet.

Yet in memory before you were stabbed by Ymir it was said:
'We have not yet been able to identify or locate the man she attempted this murder with'

Who is this man? Has Libertas already planned it?
Anyway, you can't let that happen, because as you know, it doesn't end well. Probably the last memory was a warning of how this would end.