┏°⌜ 012: a good person

After you agreed, he nodded and sat down on the sofa.
Now would probably be the right time to ask him some questions about the things you were thinking about earlier.

"Hey Eren, can I ask you something?"

He simply nodded
"Mhm, of course."

"You know... I've thought a lot about your new ability. You have probably already tried this, but is it possible to bring several people or objects into a different world?"

Eren looked at you and thought for a moment.
Then Jaeger let out a frustrating sigh and put his hand on the back of his neck.

"Unfortunately it is not that easy. I am able to bring objects into the other world as long as I touch them.The thing about living beings... Well of course, I have experimented alot with this ability and did not try it with several people, but with horses.
I was able to take a horses to the other world, but there is a problem."

He now looked at the floor, thought for a moment and then continued.
"Well the first problem is that I only can take one living being to a other world. The other problem is a little complicated. I'll take you as an example for that. You may be here, but your body also remains in your world."

Now you were confused.
"Uhm... what?"

"At this moment you are here, but at the same time your body lies unconscious in your world.
However, when you return to your world, the body will no longer be here on Paradis. For some reason a piece of oneself always stays in the world where it came from."

The Attack on Titan story was complex and complicated enough, but that's crazy...

"Hold on wait wait waaaaiiit"
You massaged your neck
"Does that mean that right now my body is lying in the bushes behind my home?"

"Yes."
He hesitantly answers

"My body. Is currently lying. In the bushes. Behind my home...?"

"....yeah."

"Eren. Why the fuck didn't you tell me that earlier? What if someone finds my body...." Suddenly you had weird thought is your head

"Sorry y/n. But it should be well hidden, so nobody will find it."

His answer wasn't really convincing for you
"...."

"But the problem is that the body in your world still needs food and water. So that means you shouldn't stay here for more than 1 - 2 days in a row. "

You loudly exhaled
"Hm, i understand... but when i come back to my world, my body here is no longer there?"

"Exacly. Like I said, a piece of oneself always stays in the world where it came from."

You needed a moment to understand all of this. You currently exist here, but also in your world but unconscious. It all sounds so confusing.
Eren was still looking at the floor, so you couldn't see what he was thinking or feeling.

"Eren, do you plan to share the information with the others about your ability being able to go to a different world?"

"No."

"Why?"

"It would unsettle and confuse people. Besides, there would be people who want to come into your world. However, I have neither time nor interest to bring others into your world and to ensure that they do not attract attention or get lost in your world.
There is just no logical reason that the others should know about it. Something like that distracts and gives them false hope that they can stay in your world forever."

"But the doctors, engineers and scientists from Paradis could learn a lot from my world. That could help the island and provide-"

"Y/n, unfortunately we don't have the time for something like that!
Marley is attacking us soon."

You didn't know what to answer, you were speechless.
Unfortunately Jaeger was right. People always only think of themselves and if they would find out that there is a world like yours then everyone would want to go there. Something like that would only cause chaos and trouble.

You sat down next to Eren on the sofa and a frustrating moan escaped your lips.
"...It's not that easy, right?"

"This world is a cruel place. Unfortunately that will never change."

" Hm, unfortunately not only this world."

Eren looked back at you in confusion
"Huh? your world too?"

"Mhm. In my world there may be no titans and more modern technologies, but it does not mean that everything is peaceful.
I work in a hospital and well... there are many people who have experienced cruel things.
People try to kill, bully, rape or torture other people out of greed, money, jealousy or even just out of boredom. No matter where they come from, there will always be people like that."

The brown-haired man sighed and held his hand in front of his forehead.
"I'm not completely surprised. but we still have to make the best of it."

Then he positioned himself a little closer to you. Suddenly Eren swung his legs up and put them over the arm of the sofa. Then he put his head on your lap.
You blushed like a tomato quickly and didn't quite know what to do. Is all this really happening right now?

" y/n, please do me a favor and stay the way you are. The world needs people like you. Good people."
Then he started to smile slightly and his eyes relaxed a little.

Your eyes widened and you were speechless.
You tried to act normal and not to grin like a madman, but you couldn't quite hold back a smile.
Then you remembered something again. Eren mentioned that in his dreams he was lying on your lap.
Of course you didn't mind, it was actually very comfortable.

"You know, you are a good person too. To some, you may be a murderer or an enemy, but you just want peace and freedom. Not only for you, but also for your comrades and friends.
What I especially admire you for is your courage and your strength. You keep fighting and don't give up."

Your words visibly touched Eren. his eyes widened and stared straight into yours. His mouth opened a little.
Then he raised a hand and placed it on your cheek.
You closed your eyes and leaned your head on his hand. Your smile grew bigger and he could probably see that you enjoyed this moment.

You were about to open your mouth and wanted to say something, but then there was a knock on the door.
"Jaeger, sorry if i disturb you, but i have to discuss something with you for a second."

That clearly sounded like Floch.
Eren let out a frustrating groan, took his hand from your cheek and stood up.

"I'm coming, wait a minute."
Jaeger said that while he was putting his shoes back on.

You were still sitting on the sofa and were a little sad that Floch ruined the moment.

Before he opened the door and went out, he waved to you.
"I'll be right back."

"Okay, see you later."
You waved back and smiled.

And then he went out. You could hear Jaeger and Floch going down the stairs and talking about something.

You got up and climbed the ladder to get to the higher platform where the bed was.
The bed was big and looked very comfortable, the pillows and the blanket were white.
You let yourself fall and landed on the soft surface.
You just looked up blankly and all the information went through your head again.
The idea of ​​how your body is just lying in the bushes in your world at the moment, hopefully nobody will find you there.
The question is, when will you go home again?

Everything here feels so unreal. The island, the situation, Eren. All of this is actually real.
And you should be able to end the war? Pathetic.
What was the y/n from Eren's dreams thinking?
Why does he dream of you at all?
Who knows, maybe this is all a misunderstanding.

It's just too much for you. Maybe fresh air will help.