┏°⌜ 063: My Bodyguard Mikasa

Mikasa was friendlier and more open than you thought.
Like a teacher she shared some of her knowledge with you while you were reading the book about titans. Ackerman sounded serious and stern as always, but you haven't heard her talk that much even in the anime.

Even if you knew most of it already, it was still interesting, especially when she shared examples and experiences.

Floch sat on his chair like an impatient child, making comments from time to time- but never dared to interrupt Mikasa while she was talking.

"Oh, It's already 10:37AM."
Mikasa looked surprised at the clock hanging over the entrance of the library

"Huh, already?"
You were surprised too as it didn't feel like you'd been here that long.
"We should go then."

Mikasa nodded and brought back the books from where you took them.

Floch stood up and stretched. You hadn't paid attention to him the whole time, but it looked like he was sleeping a moment ago
"Finally."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

The preparations went well and everything has gone according to plan so far.

You were back in your group at the moment. You already had Ludwig's dress on and Hitch was busy styling your makeup and hair at the moment. Floch and Mikasa were near you but tried to be helpful with other things.

It was all so exciting, but as the ceremony got closer you became more and more nervous.
Standing in front of so many people and showing yourself as a symbol of freedom is not something you do everyday...

Especially since you generally have no experience with something like that, after all you were a 'normalo' a few weeks ago.
While Eren or other important people are used to something like that, just thinking about it gives you a headache.

But now there is no turning back. You made your choice and wanted this.
It has to be done.

You had to think of the speech Willy Tybur gave at Marley before he died. What if the same thing happens to you? After all, the Jawtitan and the Charttitan is still out there somewhere.

Yet you trusted the others to be prepared for it.
Everything will be fine, right?

"Ya scared?"
Hitch calmy said while she combed your hair carefully

"A little..."
You played with your fingers and tried to suppress your feelings. But apparently it didn't work, as Hitch must have noticed your behavior.

She let out a quiet sigh
"I think it would be the same for me. Although I'm used to fame and attention, but not in the political sense."

"But it has to be done."
You replied in a low tone

"Ya know-"
She put her comb on the table and stood in front of you. She bent down slightly to face you since you were sitting on a chair.

"I am very proud of you, Y/n. I'm sure that you will make it and we will all be by your side. You're not going through this alone!"

"Hitch..."
That was exactly what you needed to hear right now
"Thank you. Your support means a lot to me!"

She suddenly hugged you tightly
"Hey we are friends. Of course you can count on me! Besides, I'm not the one helping you- you're helping us. What you do is only for us, and that is not to be taken for granted."

You hugged her back and had to be careful not to get emotional and cry. Otherwise your makeup will smudge.
But it was easier said that done.

But she's right, you do it all for the people here. Even though this place isn't your home, you can't just watch it end in disaster. How many times have you read the manga and watched the anime and then hoped you could change the ending so everyone had a happy ending? Especially Eren...

"Y/n!"
It was Mikasa, she suddenly stood behind you with an surprised and even worried expression
"What is going on? Why are you crying?"

"Huh?"
You gave her a questioning look.
Although you hadn't cried, your eyes were a little wet and she noticed that

The raven-haired woman gave Hitch a sharp look
"What have you done?"
Raising her pitch, she quickly inched closer, pinning Hitch to the wall

Hitch was confused but scared at the same time. Seeing Ackerman like this is truly terrifying, especially when you know what Milasa is capable of.

Hitch tried to look strong, but even a blind man could see her fear
"Wh-what is your Problem Mikas-"

"You obviously said something bad to Y/n! Just look at her-"

"Mikasa!"
With a lot of courage you tried to avoid a fight, gently placing your hand on Mikasa's shoulder to get her attention
"Hitch didn't do anything bad to me, rather the opposite. She had tried to make me happy and give me courage for tonight!

"Huh?"
The black-eyed gave you an confused sharp look while analyzing your facial expression
"But then why do you look like you're about to cry?"

"Uhhh..."
That was a weird question, but it seems as she is just a little overprotective
"Because I was just touched by her words and she said what i needed to hear."

Mikasa was quiet for a second and then took a step back from Hitch
"Understood."

Without saying anything she went back to where she was before as if nothing had happened.

"Are you okay Hitch?"
You came a step closer to her

She took a deep breath, massaging her neck
"Yeah. That was... weird."

You just giggled slightly
"She is just a little... overprotective I think."

"I mean Yeah but-"
Hitch cleared her throat quietly
"-she is just like that when it's about Eren, yaknow?"

"She is my bodyguard at the moment. She might just takes her job serious."

"Yeah yeah. Let's forget about this and continue."