┏°⌜ 031: 4 years

You hesitantly answered :
"I'll stay here."

After you said that you could see that Eren was surprised. He probably expected you to say you wanted to go home.

Eren took in a deep breath and threaded a hand through his hair
"Mhm, but you are aware of the risks and inaccuracies, right?"

You simply nodded while your eyes sparked with determination.

He bent down a bit and leaned his head on your left shoulder
"Then let me promise you something y/n. While i cannot guarantee your safety, i'll do everything in my power to protect you. I hope you know how much I appreciate your decision."

He spoke very softly. You could even feel his breath on your neck, which gave you goosebumps
"T-thank you Eren. I really appreciate it."

Jaeger stood up straight again. Maybe you're just imagining it, but it looked like his cheeks were a little red.

He cleared his throat:
"Uh well, we should go back. You should get some sleep."

≪ °❈° ≫

You two were on your way back to the small village and made a detour along the lake. Meanwhile, you two currently talked about your favorite food

"To be honest, I've never really had a favorite food, but in your world I tried a so-called cheeseburger and it was extremely delicious!"
Eren told you about his first time at McDonald's. You could literally see that he was hungry for it and seeing him smile again after a long time made you incredibly happy.

"Haha, have you also tried the Big mac? It is delicious too!"
Who would have thought that you would talk with THE Eren Jaeger about McDonald's. However, it was nice talking with him like a child about meaningless things. It lets you forget for a moment what situation you are in right now.
Unfortunately, there are far too few moments like this, which is why you should enjoy them for as long as possible and as long as you can.

Eren smiled at you warmly
"Nope, i've only been there twice so far, but if we both go there i'll give it a try! I also wanted to know what this Happy meal is..."

Hearing that from him was so pure and cute, you definitely couldn't hide your grin
"The happy meal contains chicken nuggets, fries and apple slices. BUT the best part about the happy meal, however, is the toy that is included!"

Eren stopped walking and looked at you with wide sparkling eyes
"WH-toys? For real??"

His reaction made you laugh
"Yep! You have a choice of several different toys and you can choose one of them per happy meal. The selection changes regularly too!"

He gasped and was visibly amazed. It really felt like you were talking to a kid who is hearing about a happy meal for the first time. It was too cute.
"Wait... THERE ARE ALWAYS NEW TOYS?! Here on Paradis you were happy as a child if you had any toys at all... but thats INSANE!"

When he started laughing you couldn't help but laugh too. You had never seen him so happy, neither in the anime nor when you met him. It was so nice to see him like that, hopefully it wasn't the last time either.

But suddenly Eren stopped laughing and looked at the ground rather sadly.
You also stopped laughing when you noticed it.

"...Eren?"
You took a step closer to him and put your hand on his right shoulder.
"What's wrong?"

He sighed loudly and looked into your eyes with a faint smile, but you could tell that it was more of a fake smile
"When i hear stories like this from your world it reminds me that nobody on this island here was really free. There is so much to experience and so many things to see, but this freedom has been taken away from us."