┏°⌜ 066: Euphoria

"Please meet our heroine, our-"

The curtain opened and you could be seen

"- symbol of freedom!"

After breathing in heavily you walked forwards, then stood next to Eren  and waved with a warm smile. They applauded loudly and looked at you with wide eyes.
As the crowd applauded, Eren looked at you and admired every detail.

"You look beautiful, my dear."
He quietly whispered this into your ear
"Absolutely stunning."

"T-thank you. You also look great."
You smiled with the feeling of butterflies in your stomach

When the crowd calmed down you were finally able to speak.
Be calm. Be fancy. Be calm.

You can do it.

"Hello everyone, my name is Y/n L/n. Thank you so much for coming. It is a great honor for me to be able to stand here.
Unlike all of you, I don't know what it feels like to experience such a brutal and terrible pain as you all have had to experience- to live in fear every day.
I grew up in a more modern world in a city and had a rather boring normal life working as a nurse-"

The crowd suddenly seemed amazed and stunned and looked behind you. You turned around and could see an image of your city was being projected, apparently with a projector. They really got a lot out of your world, seeing such a technology for the first time and then the picture itself must be pretty breathtaking for the crowd. Well- it obviously was.

"Continue." Eren whispered, who was still standing behind you

You cleared your throat and adjusted the microphone a bit
"I've often asked myself if the life I lived was actually my destiny, or if I can do more. It felt like something was missing in my life. I just wanted to change something...
The day Eren saved me from an kidnapper I knew I had to follow him to find my true purpose. To find my destiny."

Everything you said sounded a bit pompous and exaggerated, but when you wrote the speech with Kiki and Fred, they said you have to speak like that.
Various images of your world were shown as you gave your speech.

"Thanks to him I now know what I am capable of and will save this Island.
With the power of the Founding Titan and Zeke Jaeger, all here can start a new life and live in a modern world. An advanced world with technology like you can see now, with better medicine, with better hygiene. A world where no Eldia is hated or hunted.
I know it's easier said than done and leaving home isn't that easy... but building up a new life, a safe life with future, is a better option for everyone than the other options that Eren named.
Together we will experience a happy ending and live in peace, also for our descendants. Together we remain strong and will not have to suffer any further losses.
All previous victims had not died in vain and could also rest with the peace we achieve.
I, the symbol of freedom, will do everything what is in my power and will survive together with you all.
We'll survive. You and I!"

You said the last sentence louder with more determination, raised your left hand up and showed them a in your world-famous sign called 'victory sign'.

The victory sign is a hand gesture in which the index and middle fingers are extended into a "V" while the ring finger and pinky remain tucked in. The thumb is placed over the two fingers and the palm faces away from the performer.

Everyone stood up, started applauding loudly and did the same- raising their left arm and showing the 'victory sign'.

You didn't expect such a reaction, but you hoped for it.
A stone fell out from your heart, they seem to like you.

Eren now stood next to you, took your hand and held your hand up along with his.

With that the people started to applaud even louder and screaming over and over again:
"We'll survive. You and I! We'll survive. You and I!"

"You did it."
Eren said it quietly so only you could hear that.

"No."
You smiled
"We did it."

We'll survive. You and I!

This feeling is indescribable. They accept you. They accept the plan. The only thing to do is now to find Zeke.

Suddenly the feeling of euphoria rushed through your whole body. It feels good. It's what you- no. It's what they need.

We'll survive. You and I!

Is this real? Is this a dream? No way this is actually happening.

Euphoria. Sweet Euphoria.

Eren and you bowed down for a second at the same time and then walked back a few steps, the curtain closed in front of you two.

The moment you stood behind the curtain and people could no longer see you, you breathed a sigh of relief.
Adrenaline was still flowing through your body, your hands started to shake.

"Y/n!"
Eren lifted you up like a feather and was spinning around with you.
"You were amazing out there! You did a fantastic job!

You laughed loudly while he still held you up in the air

"And you- you..."
He let you down again, his hands remained on your waist
"You look... you look truly beautiful- no amazing- nono phenomenal- no eh...breathtaking!"

He struggled finding the right words, it was sweet to see him like that.
His turquoise eyes sparkled and never left your side, he practically couldn't take his eyes off you.

You were overwhelmed and were smiling like a madman.
The butterflies in your stomach... oh god.

"Thank you Eren, I-"

"Ayo Jaeger, you have to be back on stage in 10 seconds. 9... 8..."
Connie whispered-yelled from the corner

"Good luck!" You smiled while softly punching him on his left shoulder

He returned the smile and nodded, then turned around and went back on stage.
Now that you were done, you went back to your seat between Hanji and Mikasa.

"Ahhh you did a great job!" Hanji hugged you tightly

"Yeah, you did it." Mikasa added kindly

"I didn't even notice that you were nervous." Armin smiled

"Haha."
You nervously laughed
"I'm glad everything worked so well."

Eren now explained more details about his ability to teleport into your world and more details about what he intends to do.