PROLOGUE

Although there were many in the supernatural community that knew of Annabelle Mikaelson and her reputation as the unstable one in her family, there were none outside of her family that knew of the loss that she'd suffered ever since she and her siblings were turned into vampires.

It was because of the loss that she'd suffered ever since she was made a vampire that she started to close herself off from others, so that she wouldn't have to deal with yet another loss of someone that she loved.

And that was what she was doing for two-hundred and seventy-five years after her brother– Klaus– had undaggered her while she and her siblings were in New Orleans for the first time, until she came across Gotham City, where two heads of two separate crime families were almost always at war over one little thing and Annabelle's arrival into Gotham did nothing to help with the matter.

All it took was for her to tear into the throats of whoever she saw during the first week that she'd spent inside the city– which involved the throats that belonged to the two separate crime families– and the two crime families were almost at war once more.

However, what kept a brutal war from actually taking place in the streets of Gotham was that one of the heads– Carmine Falcone– went out of his way to find the Original vampire in order to recruit her in the year 1988.

After quite some time, he did manage to get Annabelle to agree with working for him, which meant all was well between the two crime families.

However, everything changed ten years later when the new detective, James Gordon, came to Gotham and changed everything in Gotham for all those who resided inside of the city.

And there was not one single person in all of Gotham that knew just what kind of changes would come from the arrival of this new detective for the Gotham City Police Department.