four | arkham

Instead of responding to Oswald's words, James stood up from his seat as Oswald smiled at him before he looked over at Barbara and said to her, "You must be Barbara

Instead of responding to Oswald's words, James stood up from his seat as Oswald smiled at him before he looked over at Barbara and said to her, "You must be Barbara."

Barbara nodded her head as she said, "Yes, please come in."

After limping inside and past Barbara, he said to James, "James, hi." When Barbara walked over to them after closing the door, Oswald turned to Barbara and said to her, "I'm Peter. Peter Humboldt. Lovely to meet you at last. You're even more beautiful than I imagined."

Barbara laughed as she replied, "Shush. Nice to meet you, Peter. I never get to meet any of Jim's friends because he never tells me anything."

Oswald said to her, "Men."

Barbara replied, "Don't I know. Would you like a drink?"

Just as Oswald started to answer her, James said, "No, uh, he's a work friend. It's a work thing."

Oswald told her, "I'm just recently back in Gotham and I had an idea to pop by. Out of the blue. But now is clearly not a good time."

James said to Oswald, "I'll walk you out."

After bidding Barbara goodbye, Oswald limped out with James close behind him.

As soon as Barbara closed the door, James grabbed him by the back of his neck and dragged him out of the penthouse.

It was only when they were outside that James slammed Oswald's back against the wall and said to him, "I told you never to come back here."

Oswald replied, "I know. I know, I-I apologize. But I just wanted to speak with you."

James said to him, "No. If Falcone finds out you're alive, he'll kill us both."

Oswald told him, "I got no place else to go. Gotham is my home."

James said to Oswald, "I should've killed you. I should put a bullet in your head right now."

As James turned his back on him and started to walk away, Oswald replied, "And you have every right to do so. But you won't, Jim Gordon, because you're a good man. You may very well be the last good man in Gotham and that's why I want to help you."

James turned to look at Oswald again as he said, "I don't want your help."

Oswald replied, "No, no, but you need it. That vile creature Fish Mooney, Don Falcone, the police. Not even your own partner trusts you. They will always hide the truth from you. But not me. Never." He chuckled before he said, "You saved my life."

James said to him, "God knows I wish I hadn't."

After he turned his back on Oswald and started to walk away from him, Oswald picked up a glass bottle off of the ground and said to James, "Kill me now. Or trust me."

James took a couple of steps towards Oswald and slapped the bottle out of his hand, which got it to shatter once it hit the ground.

As James started to walk away from Oswald again, Oswald said to him, "I told you there's a war coming, Jim." As James started to turn and face him once more, Oswald said, "There will be so many deaths. So many. You wanna save Gotham? I can help you. I can be your secret agent."