thirty four | look into my eyes

Despite the argument Annabelle had with the bartender about being given a bottle, she still had a bottle in hand and watched with a raised eyebrow as the six people that were standing on the stage started to make animal noises, while the man with ...

Despite the argument Annabelle had with the bartender about being given a bottle, she still had a bottle in hand and watched with a raised eyebrow as the six people that were standing on the stage started to make animal noises, while the man with curly brown hair and had a mustache on his face walked across the stage towards the center of it before he chuckled and stared out into the crowd.

If she was being honest, she didn't know what she was doing back at The Sirens when she was still the slightest bit pissed off with Tabitha, but she needed a distraction from what was troubling her.

She still didn't understand why Jerome had a cult following and not any of the other bad guys in the city.

Plus, despite how much she enjoyed Victor's company, he wasn't truly distracting her from those worries of hers, so that was the reason why she was back in the nightclub watching as a hypnotist, who went by the name Jervis Tetch, had six people imitate animal noises because of the apparent animal identities he gave them.

She didn't see what could possibly be so amusing about seeing a small group of people imitate animal noises but didn't bother to question it as she swigged down some of her bourbon, while Jervis said to the group of people on the stage, "When I count to three, you will awake and have no memory of your animal identity."

Then he slowly raised his fingers as he said, "One, two, three."

Once he said three, he clapped his hands and the group on the stage were silent.

Everyone but Annabelle and Tabitha cheered and clapped, while the group of people walked off of the stage and back to where they were either sitting or standing prior to being called onto the stage.

As they walked off of the stage, Jervis repeatedly said 'thank you', while Tabitha asked Barbara, "A magician? Really?"

Barbara told Tabitha, "Hypnotist. I like him. Plus, the place is packed. Be happy."

Jervis said to the crowd, "Just a taste, ladies and gentlemen. But now let us venture into something more arcane. I'll need a single volunteer."

While the crowd started to murmur amongst each other, Jervis stepped off of the stage and walked through the crowd to see who his volunteer would be.

As he walked through the crowd, he looked at Annabelle, who looked incredibly annoyed and had her eyes narrowed at him, before he looked over at a dark-skinned woman that wore an expensive looking necklace.

Then he said to the man that was standing beside the woman, "You, sir."

The man looked over at the woman that was standing beside him, while Jervis said to him, "Beautiful suit."

The man replied, "Thank you."

Jervis asked him, "Lawyer?"

The man told him, "Uh, doctor."