thirty three | burn the witch

Aside from quietly chuckling to herself, Annabelle was mostly silent, while she stood beside Butch as Oswald said to the reporters, "For months, I warned the police about the threat to our city posed by Hugo Strange's freaks, by the murderer Fish ...

Aside from quietly chuckling to herself, Annabelle was mostly silent, while she stood beside Butch as Oswald said to the reporters, "For months, I warned the police about the threat to our city posed by Hugo Strange's freaks, by the murderer Fish Mooney, and how did they protect you? They said that Fish Mooney wasn't real. That these escapees were victims who need our help. Well, Fish Mooney was real. And once she was cornered by the GCPD, finally, they let her escape. And these 'victims'— well I, for one, am not afraid to call them by their proper name. Monsters!"

She refrained from rolling her eyes as the crowd of reporters started to cheer, while Oswald said, "Our city is being invaded by monsters, attacking our brothers and sisters, and it is up to us! To you! To kill every monster you see! Who is with me?"

Then the crowd started to cheer once more, while Oswald quickly raised his arm.

Annabelle glanced over at Butch, who had a blank look on his face, before she shook her head with a sigh.

She didn't particularly see the point in practically antagonizing the experiments, but didn't bother to speak her piece on it to Oswald.

She knew if she tried to say her opinion on the whole matter, she would have to hear yet another tirade about the importance of finding Fish Mooney and, quite frankly, she wasn't in the mood to hear it.

She just wanted to get back to her temporary home and wait until she felt it was the proper time to kill whoever she wanted before she would return to her home and take a shower, so that she could see Victor.

That was it.

She didn't care about the angry mob Oswald was practically conjuring up, simply because of his paranoia of Fish faking some secret plan to undermine him.

After sighing to herself once more, she stepped aside and pulled out her phone to tell Victor that she didn't know just how much longer she could entertain Oswald with the idea of her being on his side for the ongoing hunt for Fish Mooney.

* * *

Annabelle was pissed off.

She had a plan for how she would spend her night.

She would have dinner with Victor and do whatever he wanted before she left to go and kill as many people as she wanted and then return to her temporary home and take a shower, so that she could watch Victor sleep.

That was it.

For her, it was incredibly simple and it was something she wanted to do, but now she couldn't because Oswald called her and demanded that she help him with capturing Fish because of her apparently being holed up in some mansion on the outskirts of Gotham and holding a hostage.

It pissed her off that she couldn't spend her night doing whatever she and Victor wanted.

After sighing to herself, she called Victor and told him that they'd have to do what they wanted another night.