seven | penguin's umbrella

When Barbara didn't answer his phone call, James said into the phone, "Barbara, if you're at home, listen to me

When Barbara didn't answer his phone call, James said into the phone, "Barbara, if you're at home, listen to me. I need you to get out right now."

Then James slammed the locker door shut and went to leave the locker room, only to stop and receive a punch in the face by Harvey Bullock, which got him to let out a groan and land on the floor.

Just as he turned to look at Harvey, Harvey took his gun out of its holster, while Harvey said to him, "I thought we were friends."

As he held out a hand, James said, "Harvey."

Harvey yelled, "Shut up! Game's over. Now I gotta kill you and take your body back to Falcone and beg— beg him for mercy!"

As he held up both of his hands, James said, "Listen to me. I screwed up. But I have a plan to make things right. Don't kill me. Help me."

Harvey asked him, "You think I'm an idiot?" Then he quickly turned to the entrance of the locker room when he heard chatter on a couple of radios and said to the approaching cops, "Walk away. Walk away."

It was then that James quickly stood up and grabbed Harvey's hand before twisting it and kicking him in the leg, which got Harvey to fall and land on his back.

Harvey only groaned and looked up at James, while James said to him, "Help me. We don't have to go out like this."

Harvey replied, "You better hope you never see me again."

James didn't respond and simply left the locker room and eventually the precinct with Harvey's gun in his hand.

Annabelle watched as James got into his vehicle and drove off towards where he and his fiancée lived, with James being completely unaware of the fact that Annabelle was following him.

* * *

Barbara was stiffly sitting on her small couch, while she watched her phone vibrate on the small table in front of her.

After walking around the inside of her penthouse, Butch said as he placed his hands on the back of the couch, "Wow. What a place, huh?"

The man that Butch brought with him only nodded his head, while Butch turned his head to look at Barbara and said to her, "A beautiful home for a beautiful lady."

Barbara quietly said to him, "Please tell me what you want."

Butch silently stared at her for a couple of moments before he said to her, "I guess there's no harm in the truth. See, your boyfriend was supposed to kill a certain person for somebody, only he didn't. And now that somebody is real mad."

Barbara's eyes widened for a fraction of a section as she said, "Cobblepot."

In turn, Butch said, "What?"

Barbara said, "He didn't kill Cobblepot."

While he slammed his hand on the couch, Butch yelled, "There you go!" As he walked around the couch and pointed at her, he said, "You're hip. You are hip."