forty four | the primal riddle

It hadn't been long since the previous scream from one of Annabelle's alleyways was heard

It had been approximately ten minutes since the last one was heard, and Annabelle would be damned if she didn't hear another.

After Annabelle had recovered from the almost three days she'd spent with Jerome, without so much as having a single drop of blood during her time with him, she spent her time hunting down all of the remaining followers of Jerome, who weren't killed by Victor or arrested by the GCPD.

She didn't need answers from them.

She just simply needed to kill them, so that he could have no more of them that could potentially hurt or kill Victor, if she chose to go after Jerome, despite her vow to never step foot either in Arkham or anywhere near the asylum.

She would have chosen to send someone to go after him and kill him, but she wanted to enjoy the fact of her being the one to kill him after he held her captive for almost three days and threatened to have Victor killed, if she didn't behave and do as he wanted.

Then there was also the fact that, a week after her full recovery, she started to get calls from Arkham, whose staff said that Jerome was demanding her presence and that he wanted to talk to her about something.

Each time, she refused and threatened to kill each member of the staff that called her, if the calls were to continue.

And unfortunately for Annabelle, the calls did continue.

And just like she said she would, she started to kill every single member of the staff that called her.

However, there was always that one rare call where it was Jerome demanding that she come see him, which she would also refuse to do and he would use the threat he was still holding over Victor once more.

Then in a fit of rage, she would let out a scream before she hung up and went on a killing spree.

And each time after he would call her another time, he would tease her before he would demand that she came to see him once more.

He knew she wouldn't go and see him.

He knew that she made a personal vow to never return to Arkham, no matter the reason, but he was curious to see what would happen if she was anywhere near the asylum.

He wanted to see if she would snap and kill all of the staff members inside, along with all of the inmates she could and attempt to kill Jerome, or if she would simply just kill the staff when they tried to forcibly make her an inmate once more.

To him, it was fun imagining all of the things she could possibly do or what could happen to her, if she was anywhere near the asylum or even inside of it.

It was something he looked forward to, every time the thought of her happened to pass through his mind or whenever one of the staff members told him about her refusal to go and see him.