three | the balloonman

After spending yet another night murdering a group of people that were pissing her off like no other, Annabelle spent her morning washing the blood out of her hair and off of her body

She knew she shouldn't have murdered them, but she couldn't help it.

She had lost control of her anger, the one thing she hadn't ever gotten control of, despite her being alive for one-thousand and seventeen years.

That, along with her bloodlust, was one of the many things she couldn't get control over.

It was a mere annoyance to Carmine Falcone that she never got either of them under control, despite the people he'd hired to help her with them.

He thought that after having her work for him for a decade now that she would've gotten them under control by now, but that clearly wasn't the case.

Even though she hadn't been so bad as she was when she first arrived in Gotham, it was still a nuisance for him and the men and women that worked for him to have to deal with.

Well, except for Victor Zsasz.

He simply took advantage of knowing about her ticks and used them against her, which was something she really hated about him.

He always found a way to piss her off to no end, which made her want to tear him apart limb by limb, but she couldn't.

He was an excellent marksman, much to her disappointment.

Carmine would surely give her to the one person she was desperate to avoid, if she killed Victor.

So she could do nothing but deal with him and his insolence.

The only times she could be away from Victor were when she was inside the home of one of her victims and washing herself free of blood, killing people, and doing her task of watching James Gordon.

Other than those three times, she almost always had to deal with him.

Out of all the men she'd dealt with ever since she was made into a vampire by her parents, he was the most infuriating man she'd ever met.

He always got under her skin and pissed her off.

And what he did shortly before she'd entered the home of her victim an hour ago was no different.

He followed her, eyed her bloody state and said things that Carmine had shared with him in regard to Annabelle, knowing just how much they irritated her.

It took every bit of her power to not snap and tear into his throat.

Although she might share his joy in killing others, she didn't enjoy his company.

She only wished he would leave her alone, but he never seemed to get the memo, despite the many times in which she yelled at him and threatened him.

He seemed to find her anger and threats to be rather entertaining, especially when her veins were on display and she threatened to rip his throat out.