fifty six | a beautiful darkness

After he entered the visitation room, James Gordon halted for a moment when he saw Annabelle Mikaelson chained to not only her chair but also the table

Then there was the fact that she had handcuffs keeping her close to the table and her ankles were strapped to the chair.

As he slowly walked towards the chair that was across from her, he noticed how tense she was and how much she was shaking.

Not to mention the fact that her veins were on display once more.

It wasn't until he sat down across from her that she asked him, "What do you want, Gordon? I thought that after you had me sent back here a week ago, I'd never have to see your bloody face ever again."

He replied, "Neither did I, and yet here I am."

She plastered a grin on her face as she said to him, "And here you are." After her grin fell from her face, she asked him, "What do you want from me?"

He told her, "I want you to tell me everything you did the moment you left the church with Zsasz the day you were sent here."

She became even more tense and her jaw had clenched before she said to him, "Don't mention that cursed name to me."

James frowned before he sighed and waved his hand to her.

After narrowing her eyes and slowly eyeing him, she said, "Fine. I suppose I'll tell you what I did the moment I left the church with that traitorous bastard." After seeing James tilt his head and raise an eyebrow at her, she asked him, "What? Am I wrong? Wasn't it Zsasz that got one of his assassins to shoot me twice with those damn bullets before congratulating the bastard that shot me?"

James sighed as he said to her, "Just get on with it, Annabelle, please."

She slowly clenched her hands into fists as she told him, "The moment I left the church, I went on a killing spree. A killing spree that was far worse than the ones I had in both 1011 and 1718. It was fair that it was bad, since my dearest human friend had been killed and I was feeling overwhelmed by my grief and anger. It appears that I was so overwhelmed by my emotions that I wasn't aware that someone had called you and given my location away until I heard your demands of me surrendering myself." After being silent for a couple of seconds, she said to him, "I think you can fill in the blank of what happened from that point onward."

He asked her, "And what about the claim that Sofia Falcone made? Did you actually try and kill her after she left the church?"

She blinked before she replied, "No, I didn't. I might have wanted to kill her over a dozen times during her time in Gotham, but I never would have taken the easy way out and killed her with a bullet to the head. Instead, I would have taken her with me and found out just what torturing tactic I'd use that could drive her mad before killing her after hearing her beg for that smell mercy of death. Even then, I wouldn't automatically kill her. I'd slowly pull off her fingernails, her toenails, her fingers, her toes and every other thing I could think of before tearing her limbs from her body. The same would be done with her ears, her nose, her eyes, her tongue, her teeth. It would only be after she became a bleeding mess that I'd tear her bloody head off and leave all of her forcibly removed remains on the floor and be done with her." When James only closed his eyes in response, she asked him, "I mean, what would be the point in taking the easy way out of killing her? That would just take the fun out of it."