forty nine | they who hide behind masks

While he limped through his nightclub with Victor and Annabelle walking behind him, Oswald said to Victor, "Another excellent night of business, Victor

While he limped through his nightclub with Victor and Annabelle walking behind him, Oswald said to Victor, "Another excellent night of business, Victor."

Victor replied, "Except for the part where a couple of thieves tried to rob your shipment."

Oswald quickly turned to look at Victor as he said, "What?"

Victor replied, "Relax, boss. My men stopped them before they could get their hands on anything."

Oswald scoffed before he turned to look at Edward's frozen figure as he asked, "You see what I'm dealing with, Ed?"

Annabelle's eyebrows furrowed as she looked between Edward and Oswald, while Victor simply stared at Edward's frozen figure.

Then Oswald looked back at Victor as he said, "That shipment is full of black-market items I'm auctioning off tonight to Gotham's elite. I stand to make a killing. I cannot do that without the items. Where are they?"

After he looked back at Oswald, Victor told him, "At the warehouse."

Oswald said to him, "Take me." After he turned around and limped towards the exit of the nightclub with Annabelle and Victor following him once more, he said, "I want to be sure it's all accounted for. Once I do, bring everything back here for safekeeping."

While Victor turned off the lights to the nightclub, Annabelle leaned in to Victor and quietly asked him, "How often do you think he spends his time talking to Edward, despite him not being able to hear anything?"

Victor replied, "Probably a lot more than you would think."

She sighed as she said to Victor, "Oh, that's comforting."

Victor only chuckled before the two of them heard yet another rant coming from Oswald about the importance of bringing the items to the nightclub and ensuring that no one else would try to break in and steal them before they could be auctioned off.

While Annabelle simply rolled her eyes and sighed to herself, Victor smirked as he occasionally glanced at Annabelle to see her becoming more and more annoyed with each word that Oswald said.

It was apparent that, despite her loyalty to Oswald, she was becoming more and more annoyed with him.

In Victor's opinion, that was quite amusing, since it had been quite some time since he last saw her be annoyed because of someone.

* * *

Once he saw the cracked open ice after Victor had flipped the light switch, Oswald gasped as he quickly limped over towards the cracked ice, while he yelled, "No! This cannot be happening."

Annabelle glanced over at Victor with an amused smirk on her face, while he said to Oswald, "I don't know. Kinda opens up the room."

While Annabelle chuckled to herself, Oswald quickly turned to Victor and said to him, "Whoever did this, I want them found. I want them dead. And I want Ed back here, today!"