fifty four | things that go boom

It had been more than a few days since Annabelle had last seen Nico Angelos after he told her what he heard Sofia saying whenever she was with James Gordon and ever since that day he left her to be by herself, she did nothing aside from think over...

It had been more than a few days since Annabelle had last seen Nico Angelos after he told her what he heard Sofia saying whenever she was with James Gordon and ever since that day he left her to be by herself, she did nothing aside from think over what she should do about the entire issue that she was facing.

She even chose to not kill anyone she saw in the streets of Gotham, because of how much thought she was putting into her choice.

After not seeing or hearing from Nico during her time of pondering over her choices, she took out her phone to call Nico about the choice she made, only to stop and frown when she saw that Oswald was calling her.

After staring down at her phone for a couple of seconds with furrowed eyebrows, she accepted the call and said, "Yes, Oswald?"

Oswald told her, "Annabelle, I have reason to believe that you were right about everything." When she didn't respond, he said to her, "You were right about Sofia. She was the person behind Jim's promotion to captain of the GCPD and I have no doubt in my mind that she was behind any of the other things that occurred during her stay in this city. I know that I made you angry when I chose to believe her over you but as your friend, I hope you can look past this and come back to help me with regaining control of the underworld, despite her attempt to undermine me."

She sighed before she said to him, "You have nothing to worry about, Oswald. I told you not to call me until you realized she was trying to undermine you, and you listened. You found out about her attempt to undermine you, which involved her having Gordon be promoted from a detective to captain and her attempt to force you out of the city and allow her to do as she pleased with it. I'd be more than happy to see you put that bitch in her place, once and for all."

Oswald was silent for a couple of seconds before he asked her, "How do you know that she was trying to get me out of my position of power?"

She scoffed as she asked him, "Did you really think I'd leave my thoughts of Sofia's attempts of undermining you alone after I left?" When he didn't respond, she told him, "After I left, I had one of my vampire friends and several friends of said vampire watch not only Sofia, but also James Gordon. In doing so, I learned of her having the mayor make Gordon captain, that she wanted to rid the city of you, her plan of restoring the Falcone name and everything else you could possibly imagine."

When he still didn't respond, she said to him, "I might have been angry with you for your blindness towards Sofia and her obvious attempt of undermining you, but I wasn't going to just leave this be. I wasn't going to stop until she was revealed to be your hidden enemy."

She heard Oswald let out a sigh before he asked her, "So, does that mean you wouldn't mind returning to my side and helping me with regaining complete control of my empire?"

She replied, "I'd like nothing more than to see her wish of control blow up in her face and kill all of those she managed to turn against you."

And then just like that, Oswald told her his plans for Sofia and those she managed to turn against him, which made a bloodthirsty smirk make its way onto her face at the mere thought of Sofia being put in pain for everything she did since she first arrived in Gotham.